The 43rd Thanksgiving Martini Matinee

markstanco

I have posted about this is the past and this year was just as good as the others.

I’ve now been to about 30 of these.

It started Thanksgiving morning 43 years ago when a local lawyer was at his office this thanksgiving morning and saw a buddy who owns the funeral home was at his office so he called him to see why he was working. He said his in-laws were in town and wanted to get away. So the lawyer told him to come to his office and they would have a martini.

So it began.

Coat and tie mandatory. 10:30 start time and 11:30 hard cut off. It’s only martini drinks, either gray goose or Bombay with olives or onions. No beer no wine. All served in pewter cups.

About 30 gentlemen (and I use that term loosely) show up, no women are allowed in the house.

Both of the originators have since passed but the sons have taken over. The lawyer had a saying when you get there, “a martini is like a woman’s bosom, one isn’t enough and three are too many”

It’s a great tradition, and I’ll tell it again next year for your viewing pleasure.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2