Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Washington in the CFP Sugar Bowl

TexasMan

I guess they had no opt outs or injuries? They had a 2 score lead most of the game and it was very much a road game for them. They’re coming into this game KNOWING they can beat Texas. I don’t think they will do it again, but they won’t be lacking confidence. I don’t see how that’s debatable, let alone offensive to you. Hook em

I believe Sark made a handful of decisions last year for this year. You could include last years bowl game as part of that. Not playing to lose but preparation to an extent for next year (2023). It’s the reason he rode Ewers thru ISU, TCU last year.

Sark is all in for this year.

I agree with your post. Both teams should and will likely be confident. In my opinion we’re a balanced team - offensively and defensively. That includes our staff.

Our playbook is open. We are no longer inexperienced anywhere on offense. We’re experienced on defense.

The wildcard is our pass rush. If we play our game offensively, we will score points. Then it comes down to how many stops will we get.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Alabama, Tech, TCU, and Oklahoma State came into games this season KNOWING they can beat Texas, too. That’s not really the point. Of course Washington could win and I’m sure they’re confident. 

Maybe Washington went into the game without 90% of their rushing yards, but I don’t remember that. What happened last season against an 8-4 Texas isn’t going to help them against a 12-1 Texas team with this season’s personnel and, even last season, “handled” is a bit of an overstatement, imo. 

Just curious, do you think Texas beating Bama earlier this season gives them any mental edge or confidence if there’s a rematch? Or maybe Bama has a bit of doubt?

are you arguing that confidence doesn’t have an impact on play? or that the rosters are so different it’s negligible in this particular game? 

Edited by B00M

7 minutes ago, B00M said:

Just curious, do you think Texas beating Bama earlier this season gives them any mental edge or confidence if there’s a rematch? Or maybe Bama has a bit of doubt?

are you arguing that confidence doesn’t have an impact on play? or that the rosters are so different it’s negligible in this particular game? 

The situations and rosters are so different that I’d be ecstatic beyond belief if Washington rolls onto the field expecting 2022 Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1