Texas Women's Tennis 2024

10SNE1

Disappointing but not surprising OKST swept us today. Just like last season, we have about a 50/50 shot of getting a top 8 seed in the NCAAs. If it weren't for the season opening loss to UCLA where we defaulted two singles lines, we would safely be a top 8 seed. 

If we get the 9 seed, and somehow pull off the road upset against the 8 seed, we'll most likely face #1 OKST in the elite 8....in Stillwater. Even with Zeynalova we are not a title threat this year. 

Looking to next year, Maya Joint is still firmly committed to Texas and I could see the freshman playing line 1 singles from the jump similar to how we had Stearns line 1 most of her freshman year in 2021. Next year we'll be younger but possibly more talented top to bottom.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If we get the 9 seed, and somehow pull off the road upset against the 8 seed, we'll most likely face #1 OKST in the elite 8....in Stillwater. Even with Zeynalova we are not a title threat this year. 

Looking to next year, Maya Joint is still firmly committed to Texas and I could see the freshman playing line 1 singles from the jump similar to how we had Stearns line 1 most of her freshman year in 2021. Next year we'll be younger but possibly more talented top to bottom.

I'm very much looking forward to next year with all the talent that team will have. Looking at the latest rankings for the incoming recruits, Texas has 3 recruits of the top 5 signed! That's impressive! Texas could and probably will play 4 Freshmen in their top 6 lineup next year just like 3 and 4 yrs ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 10SNE1 said:

I'm very much looking forward to next year with all the talent that team will have. Looking at the latest rankings for the incoming recruits, Texas has 3 recruits of the top 5 signed! That's impressive! Texas could and probably will play 4 Freshmen in their top 6 lineup next year just like 3 and 4 yrs ago. 

For reference...

Screenshot_20240427_114018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aa5fe3320018c96dae0084ce7009ab0b.jpg

On 4/26/2024 at 7:56 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Maya just beat Liv Hovde. They're the same high school class and Hovde has always been the number one recruit. Hovde won the 2022 Wimbledon juniors and then turned pro.

At this rate with no points to defend, Maya is on the cusp of making qualifying list for Wimbledon and should be on the list once the US Open rolls around. Tennis Australia will also be heavily invested and give her a main draw wildcard in 2025.

Can't see Maya doing all four years of college tennis. May pull a Schnaider- attend one semester and then turn pro. She has sounded really excited when talking about enrolling at UT next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aleemay said:

Maya just beat Liv Hovde. They're the same high school class and Hovde has always been the number one recruit. Hovde won the 2022 Wimbledon juniors and then turned pro.

At this rate with no points to defend, Maya is on the cusp of making qualifying list for Wimbledon and should be on the list once the US Open rolls around. Tennis Australia will also be heavily invested and give her a main draw wildcard in 2025.

Can't see Maya doing all four years of college tennis. May pull a Schnaider- attend one semester and then turn pro. She has sounded really excited when talking about enrolling at UT next year.

Maya and Lulu Sun have been playing in the same ITF tournaments over the past few weeks, and I’m sure Lulu has been a good advocate for Texas in the locker room. Maya being a one and done just like Lulu has been my expectation. Just like Maya switched her nationality from USA to Australia, Lulu recently changed hers from Switzerland to New Zealand. Oceania is very trendy right now, apparently