2024 Youth Baseball - Every Kid’s a future MLB HOFer!!!

BrazilHorn

I’ve been tardy catching up on this thread. My boy’s 9U AAA team won their second straight tournament last weekend (we play every other weekend). So awesome to see how much each kid on the team has improved. We love our coach and the coaches he gets to help him (one of which is Jose Lima’s son), and it’s a great group of kids and families. I hope we keep this team together for a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/4/2024 at 10:58 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

7U metro team got moved from AAA to AA to balance division sizes. Beat two AAA teams this weekend 16-9 and 17-10 LOL. We may steamroll the AA and look like ring chasers. At least the boy went 5-6, 6 R, 6 RBI to open the season. Should be fun to let the kids play a ton of different positions and still win. 

We dominated while using 4 different kids at every position and a different batting order every night. Looking forward to the double jump to 8U-AAA next season. The league says they are enforcing a rule of 3 players max per team on the All-Star team. I’ve got 8 kids who would be the best player on any other team. Pretty sure an “all star” team comprised of players from the other AA squads would still get beat by my regular roster. I don’t know what argument to make would get them to bend their policy, but they clearly won’t be fielding the best team by blocking 5 kids who hit 0.750+ with good gloves in favor of kids from bottom feeders that strikeout half the time in coach pitch. 

PNG image.jpeg