Part-time Remote Work Sites

Any good sites for part-time, project based remote work specifically for independent consulting type gigs? I am not talking about data entry BS but more specialized advisory or other type.

As background, I have a full-time job that I mostly end up screwing around on Surly. Given the amount of free time that I have, I figured why not take on additional projects / work during my normal day time hours. 

Edited by happyfunball
qwwqr

A few years back, I picked up gigs here: https://outsource.com/

Pros: You can get jobs, and you will get paid, because (or at least they used to) the site makes people deposit the amount they say they are willing to pay. Once you do some work that people are happy with, they may come back to you outside of the site for more, so you each get more $.

Cons: You are competing against Ukrainians and other people who don't need as much $ to live, about 1/3 of the employers will flake out, and of the rest, 1/2 just won't choose you, after you have spent time trying to make the sale.

If you are fast, and have some specialty that lets you snipe incoming projects, you can get work there. I am a cartoonist, and did lots of free sketches that didn't pan out, but also picked up some ongoing work, which does not suck.

Edited by RDCanecutter

• 2 years later...
On 1/21/2019 at 2:47 PM, happyfunball said:

Any good sites for part-time, project based remote work specifically for independent consulting type gigs? I am not talking about data entry BS but more specialized advisory or other type.

As background, I have a full-time job that I mostly end up screwing around on Surly. Given the amount of free time that I have, I figured why not take on additional projects / work during my normal day time hours. 

Nice to meet a fellow government employee.