Speeding Ticket Question

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

I have the farm exemption. All that does is exempt me from the DOT health card regulation, otherwise it's the same as a regular CDL. Now do you see why I'm upset?

I'm presuming you know your business better than me, but CDL requirements don't apply to: 

(1) a vehicle that is controlled and operated by a farmer and:

(A) used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to or from a farm;

(B) used within 150 miles of the person's farm; and

(C) not used in the operations of a common or contract motor carrier.  TC 522.004.

That's the exemption I meant. And I mean, I see why you're upset because you're kind of an outlier, but I don't think you can write good laws to protect your rights, and also protect John Public from the 5%er who gets 3 tickets a year but keeps getting them dismissed and deferred because every time is his "first ticket on his clean record." I also think you think this kind of law is unique to CDL holders and it just isn't. 

OK, I'm learning something here. There didn't use to be non-CDL A/B licenses (which is why I held on to mine).  Looks like they came up with them for RVs. Like I said, it's been a loooong time since I drove for a living. Still doesn't change my POV on work v personal use.