Ultima Online: Sorta Going Free-to-Play (Revive your old accounts)

atomheartbevo

Note: it’s now live

This is just priming the pump: Wait until Endless Journey is officially live before creating a new account or reviving your old one.  Vet accounts have to be closed for 120 days when Endless Journey starts before you can convert them to EJ accounts, and creating new accounts - you should just wait.  Endless Journey is a part of Publish 99, and it's not live worldwide, but will be soon - probably next week - it's already up on a handful of shards for testing.

Follow https://uo.com to know when Endless Journey is live worldwide.

Note: If you've never played, start unlearning everything you know about MMORPGs, and start reading up on the links below.

Some links that maybe important to you:

Returning Vets: if you want to recover your old accounts, go through this page: https://uo.com/account-login-guide/ and look down the page at recovering old accounts.  You will have to create a new EAMythic account  to link your old UO accounts to, and you will need to know your old email addresses (but not necessarily have access to them) if you don't know your old UO accounts.  It was a nightmare when EA rolled this EAMythic account thing out, but it shouldn't be too hard to recover your passwords these days, and/or get you up and running.

You know you want some of this (okay, there is a better client - we have two clients, the original old-school one with slightly higher resolution interface, and a newer, better ones, but the gameplay is very similar either way).

getting_started_character_creation.png  charactersheet_ec.jpg

:ph34r:  If you have problems recovering your accounts, PM me here, but don't include any account information.  I know people, well a person, who still actively works on UO and I know some others who are very active in the community (and tight with the UO team), who can get you help, and I can point you their way with the right email addresses for you to contact folks.

Publish 99 is about to roll out.  All accounts are upgraded to Stygian Abyss.  Those who played UO a long time ago, who have closed their accounts all the way up to the last 120 days, can reopen those accounts for free under "Endless Journey", a new system.  There are restrictions - see the long table below, or click on the "Publish 99" link above, or the "Endless Journey" link below.

There are official forums once again, for the first time in over 15 years, so you can avoid Stratics, etc.

We can join existing guilds, but cannot create new ones with the free accounts.  If there is enough interest, I am kicking around subscribing my oldest account and can create a Surly guild just for us.

Endless Journey is:

For over 20 years Ultima Online has given thousands the ability to live in a world born of mystic arts and ancient sorcery.  Endless Journey will allow players past and present to return to Britannia and rekindle the magic of the most venerable MMO of all time!

Ultima Online: Endless Journey is a way for players to experience the core features of Ultima Online without a paid subscription.

New accounts and previously paid veteran accounts that have been closed for at least 120 days are eligible for Endless Journey.

Endless Journey accounts receive complimentary access to all Ultima Online expansions through Stygian Abyss. Other expansions can be purchased and applied to an Endless Journey account. Endless Journey accounts have access to Ultima Online’s core features and can enjoy exploring Britannia,training character skills, 

Endless Journey accounts can access Quests, Community Collections, The Virtue System (except Justice), City Loyalty (except elections), Bulk Order Deeds (except bribing), Cleanup Britannia, Zoo Donations, The Void Pool and much more!

Account Restrictions

Veteran

Endless Journey

Features

Access Requirements Monthly Subscription New accounts or 120 days after a veteran account becomes inactive. No subscription required.
Skill Cap 720 720
Ultima Store Yes Yes
Veteran Rewards Can claim rewards in game and gain new rewards Cannot claim rewards in game or gain new rewards
Use Veteran Reward Items Yes Yes
Holiday Gifts Yes No

Housing

Placement Yes No
Co-Owner or Traded/Friend Yes Cannot co-own or be traded a house. Can be friend to house only for wall safe security.
Access Normal Public Houses Only
Place Vendors Yes No
Rental Vendors Yes No
Wall Safe Yes Yes
Lockdown/Secure Containers Yes No
Access Mailboxes Yes No
Interact with Player Vendors Yes Yes
Drop logs/ingots (and other stackable items) on a locked down pile Yes No
Safe logout in houses Yes Inns & Taverns Only
Auction Safe Placement Yes No

Dungeons

Felucca Dungeons & Felucca T2A Yes Yes

Chat

General Chat Yes Yes
Help Yes Yes
Global Direct Messaging Yes Yes

Character

Character Transfer Tokens Yes, with purchase of token Yes, with purchase of token
Character Creation All All shards, limited to 2 characters on new Endless Journey accounts
Character Copy & TC1 Access Yes No/Yes

Expansions, Boosters, and Theme Packs

Up to Mondain’s Legacy Yes, included Yes, included
Stygian Abyss Yes, included Yes, included (not active yet)
High Seas If purchased If purchased
Gothic/Rustic If purchased If purchased
King’s Collection If purchased If purchased
Time of Legends If purchased If purchased

Miscellaneous

Bank Box Yes No
Guilds Yes Cannot create new guilds but can join existing ones
Resource Harvesting Restrictions None Yes

-No 2x Felucca Bonus

-Only basic ore & wood

-No sand or stone

Vice vs Virtue Yes Can participate in VvV but do not gain occupation points in active towns
Do Repeatable Quests Yes Yes
Use the Bag of Sending & Chest of Sending Yes No
Use the Bracelet of Binding Yes Yes
Use Pet Summoning Balls Yes Yes
Do Community Collections Yes Yes
Use Commodity Deeds Yes No
Use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power, Stat, and Transcendence Yes Yes
Protect or be Protected by Another Player via the Justice
Virtue
Yes No
Use the Justice Virtue Yes No
Gain Justice Points Yes No
Use Valor, Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Sacrifice,
and Spirituality Virtues
Yes Yes
Receive Scrolls from Champ Spawns Yes No
Use Power Scrolls Yes Yes
Receive Rewards, Monster Kill Points, or Virtue Points from
Champ Spawns
Yes No
Receive Mondain’s Legacy Resource Rewards Yes Yes
EM Event Items Yes No
Attack EM Event Creatures All None
Board Ships All All, High Seas ships if purchased
City Loyalty Yes Yes
City Elections & Governorships Yes No
Treasures of Tokuno Style Events Yes Yes
Bulk Order Deeds Yes Yes, cannot bribe up
Use Pack Animals Yes Yes
Cleanup Britannia Yes Yes
Zoo Donations Yes Yes
Covetous Void Pool Yes

Yes

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

We are getting very close - they are finishing the Publish 99 rollout this week (April 5).  In fact, it could be open on the 5th once the shards come back online.

https://uo.com/2018/04/02/publish-99-update/

Origin, Izumo & Baja will be brought down by 11:00am ET  on April 3, 2018 for an update to Publish 99.   Please see the publish notes for the latest updates.

We anticipate Publish 99 will be going World Wide on April 5, 2018.  This update will be done manually, and not during regularly scheduled maintenance.  Regularly scheduled maintenance for all shards will be cancelled beginning on April 5th and will resume on April 6th.  Shut messages will commence at 10:00am ET and shards will be brought down at 10:30am ET.  We anticipate the downtime will last approximately 3 hours.  Keep an eye on UO.com for updates on publish status.

Beginning at 10am on April 5, 2018 the Account Center will be brought down in preparation for Publish 99.  The account center will return at the time Publish 99 is released world wide.

Please also note that when Publish 99 goes World Wide the rewards available from the 20th Anniversary Elemental Titan arc will no longer be available to claim.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:

We can join existing guilds, but cannot create new ones with the free accounts.  If there is enough interest, I am kicking around subscribing my oldest account and can create a Surly guild just for us.

Greatest group of assholes in Britannia?  I'm in.

So I had an account when it first launched.  I played for a few months, never got very far in it or did anything special with my character.  Would it be worth it to try to revive this, or just do a new account?

Edited by Hellraiser97

Got this email today.  Check your old email accounts or whatever email is associated with your old UO accounts.  If you get this, you’re mostly ready to go. 

Broadsword Online Games

Ultima Online Account Change Notification

Greetings,

This mail contains important information on changes to your Ultima Online account.

All Ultima Online accounts that have been closed for more than 120 days can be used to access Endless Journey. The Endless Journey account allows play (with some restrictions) for free without an end date. In addition, all accounts now have access to the Stygian Abyss expansion. More information on the new Endless Journey account type and on the Stygian Abyss expansion can be found here.

UO Team

This is an automated email from the Account Management site for Broadsword Online Games.

© 2018 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, whitleyjane said:

I'm so heart broke trying to get into my Ultima account I've found my username but now i need an activation key! anyone know how to get an activation key before i go nuts

We're supposed to email a lady.  I never did.  Let me know if you try and if it works. 

• 4 months later...