Chrome (Google) newsfeed, how to get rid of sources?

SKJ

Every time I open my Chrome browser on my phone, I get suggested stories. It suggests Fox News stories on a regular basis. I don't even open them, I just swipe them off.

It seems like they're coming more often.

I refuse to even read them at all, yet I still keep getting them.

I have gone through every setting, every Google article, and tried to use the methods they suggest but to no avail.

You can change your home/start page to something else.  That will eliminate news entirely.

I get a fair number of foxnews articles on my google app (it's the same feed) and also never read them and sometimes bother to tell the app that I don't want more from that source.

I assume that fox somehow games google's system or pays for appearances.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Try this.  On a computer or in the chrome browser on your phone, go to the Google News web page.  Make sure you are signed in to gmail/google or whatever. 

On the left side of the page, below the topics, there is a "settings" button.  Click it and then click "manage hidden sources."  I blocked Fox News on my regular browser and it never shows up on my phone.