Imgur Picture Links Dead

dcbc

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

that's a link to an album so it won't work even if the pic is in your cache or you're using tapatalk.

Are you saying you know the requirements for and restrictions on embedding images from Imgur on Surly? I haven't read this whole thread so if they've been identified then I'd like to know what they are. Because I've seen others occasionally manage to post images from Imgur. Mostly they've failed but I got my hopes up when that old pic of Paul Prudhomme's jambalaya posted. I thought maybe the operators of this site finally managed to fix their incompatibility with one of the most popular image hosting sites on the net. Obviously, my excitement was premature. 

I have no idea why that link embedded then but won't now. 

https://imgur.com/ZwHswS4

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are you saying you know the requirements for and restrictions on embedding images from Imgur on Surly? I haven't read this whole thread so if they've been identified then I'd like to know what they are. Because I've seen others occasionally manage to post images from Imgur. Mostly they've failed but I got my hopes up when that old pic of Paul Prudhomme's jambalaya posted. I thought maybe the operators of this site finally managed to fix their incompatibility with one of the most popular image hosting sites on the net. Obviously, my excitement was premature. 

I have no idea why that link embedded then but won't now. 

https://imgur.com/ZwHswS4

download pic from imgur and either host directly on this site or rehost on another site such as imgbb.  the problem is not on surly's end, the problem is this site exploded from 0 to pretty large in no time at all, so we got blacklisted on imgur. we'd have to appeal to someone higher up at imgur than whatever contract support is in charge of blacklisting to get back in their good graces.

Edited by elfenix

• 2 weeks later...