New HUM album

Prepuce of Doom

I posted a link in the new music thread. I think you and I are the only Surlies who care, but fuck yeah. I've been obsessed with Hum for 20 years. Like "willing to travel to Birmingham, AL for a reunion set at a music festival" level obsessed.

Stereogum review of Inlet

Hum’s reunion album ‘Inlet’ cements their legacy further than ever before – review

New album has not disappointed so far. Shapeshifter is my favorite. Love the production, love the heavy as fuck guitars. They really lean into their shoegaze and doom influences.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Right on! I'm digging the new album as well. It's funny how many devoted fans they still have. 

I grew up in Champaign so I also have a fondness for them. A good buddy of mine used to jam with them quite a bit early on. 

That's cool. I've learned tidbits about the Champaign scene here and there through interacting with other Hum fans on forums, etc. Lovecup is one Champaign band I discovered. That album "Greefus, Groinks and Sheet" is bad ass.

I also really like that Glifted record which was a collaboration between the Hum guitarist & former member of Lovecup. 

• Like 1