Eddie

lateshow

I'm going to guess at least 5 or 6 of us saw it.  I loved it.  I wasn't following OSU sports very closely then for a few reasons so I was surprises how much of it I didn't know.   I knew keeping him out of the HOF was some straight up bullshit, but I didn't realize what a fucking that was.  He took over some dumpster fires everywhere he went except UK and instantly made them a winner.  

Watched last night and it got seriously dusty. I was there 2000-2005. I was at the memorial service and in the student floor section at the Mizzou game, which was the loudest I ever heard that arena. It was like we knew the players personally and just wanted them to know we supported them, and the win was nice. I knew some of the basics about his earlier career but not in that level of detail. His style in the 70s and 80s was awesome. He was seriously scapegoated at Kentucky for the recruiting thing, but the alcoholism was obviously on him. I remember learning of the crash in 2006. Seriously broke my heart. I also have a different view of Sean now. They said he was fired for poor results, which is true, but I'm pretty sure he was abusing pills at the time too. I distinctly remember a game where he fainted and it was pretty scary. I think the explanation was that he was drinking 15 diet cokes a day or something. Pretty sure he was on pills then too. Overall an incredibly interesting, uplifting, and heartbreaking story. I honestly wish it was longer.

• Like 1