RIP KC Jones

d2o

Growing up in Detroit I hated him and everything about the Boston Celtics.   Dude was a badass.    I actually didn't know he was a college teammate of Bill Russell.  12 titles as a player and coach.   Gold medalist.  NCAA champion...........oh and he is credited with inventing bump and run coverage in football.   Well done sir.    Rest in Peace

https://www.profootballhof.com/blogs/stories-from-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame-archives/bump-and-run-or-just-boxing-out-kc-jones-left-impact-on-nfl/

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/26/2020 at 10:06 PM, d2o said:

Growing up in Detroit I hated him and everything about the Boston Celtics.   Dude was a badass.    I actually didn't know he was a college teammate of Bill Russell.  12 titles as a player and coach.   Gold medalist.  NCAA champion...........oh and he is credited with inventing bump and run coverage in football.   Well done sir.    Rest in Peace

https://www.profootballhof.com/blogs/stories-from-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame-archives/bump-and-run-or-just-boxing-out-kc-jones-left-impact-on-nfl/

My dad was a Freshman on that USF team :)   Their program got suspended shortly after.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/30/2020 at 12:02 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

I'm an old who grew up watching those Celtics teams play on the TV.  Hated 'em, but those teams were full of terrific players.  KC played outstanding defense.  He's the first person I recall picking up his man full court.  

Right there with you.  KC was a bad ass defender and the Celtics teams he played on maybe didn't have the talent of some of the teams they played for those titles, but you never doubted that the five on the court were relentless.  RIP to another memory from my childhood-watching KC, Sam, John, Bailey, and Bill help Red light up another championship cigar.