Need Lawyering Help With Pension

statsman

I am an aerospace engineer. I was on a defined benefit pension plan with the private company I worked for from 1987 to 2002. I was vested in the pension plan, even as the company was bought and sold by other companies. 
I worked for the next company from 2002 to 2007. Then I returned to the first company. In that time, they closed the pension plan to new employees, but maintained it for current employees. On my return, I asked them to tie my time together and connect me on the pension, but they said I was not eligible for that. 
Since then, a reading of the pension guidelines made me think they could/should have tied my time together (I did meet the requirements with number of years of prior employment), leading to a much larger pension (more years, higher average salaries). A few years ago, I wrote a letter asking. They replied saying I didn’t have enough service, but it’s clear they weren’t evaluating my claim per their own printed guidelines. 
My job is going away this year. Before accepting the lower pension, I want to make another try at having service connected for a larger one. At the minimum, I’d like a lawyer to write a letter to the pension manager, asking them to explain why my service isn’t connected. 
So, my question- anyone have a rec for a lawyer that does pension work?

Thanks