Jump to content
Goo Punch

Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Recommended Posts

i just played him and he had his lineup set for every day. i'm guessing it was a one day thing. it certainly didn't help me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goo Punch said:

i just played him and he had his lineup set for every day. i'm guessing it was a one day thing. it certainly didn't help me! 

I'm the one he's playing against right now so it would be in my interest to just let it ride to boost my lead, but I don't like cheap wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RCRanger03 said:

I'm the one he's playing against right now so it would be in my interest to just let it ride to boost my lead, but I don't like cheap wins

yeah and i appreciate that about you. i'm the same way. ask BO or anyone else in the shaggy baseball league, lol. i've been a bit psycho in the past about people not setting their lineups. most may not recall this, but there was a rumor in December of 2005 that Matt Leinart may miss the Rose Bowl. Those who do remember will also recall that the consensus from Texas was, "fuck that." You want to beat the best; there's no satisfaction in cheap wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the trade that just happened. I had thought the NBA trade deadline was our deadline... Checked and saw that there is not an established deadline in our league

Can we agree on a pre-playoffs deadline for trades? I know that some people might be angling for keeper value vs current season value depending on where they are sitting in the standings and that's fine, but I also think it shouldn't be able to continue throughout the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm down with that. does the all star break sound good for a trade deadline? i'd be fine with that too. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think we've always done it where there is no in season trade deadline, but no trades allowed during the playoffs. 

also, somehow there is only one matchup left after this current matchup then it's the wildcard playoff round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

proposed payouts (10 players x $75 entry fee = $750 total):

regular season best record - $150

champion - $375

2nd - $150

3rd - $75 (doesn't have to pay the entry fee)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to look up some stats on Brandon Clarke using the app, and the app will not let me click on his profile, whether i search him or actually go to @Radical Larry's team and try to click on him. anyone else experiencing this weirdness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fuck you detroit, and fuck you cleveland, for turning a top 5 overall fantasy player into a FA level player with this 22 mpg bullshit since Drummond joined the Cavs. would never have traded AD and LA in a million years if i'd known that was coming. fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, Goo Punch said:

fuck you detroit, and fuck you cleveland, for turning a top 5 overall fantasy player into a FA level player with this 22 mpg bullshit since Drummond joined the Cavs. would never have traded AD and LA in a million years if i'd known that was coming. fuck. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13269844

you were coming on waaaaaayyyyy too strong at the end of the regular season. Enjoy your baller ass team even without the UBER drummond

Edited by RCRanger03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got it setup:

1- zero fox given (bye)

2 - just a gangsta (bye)

3 - free hong kong

4 - im rick james

5 - fractured hands

6 - ballmatic bevo

 

this week: 6 ballmatic bevo vs 3 free hong kong and 5 fractured hands vs 4 im rick james

next week, lowest remaining seed vs zero fox given, highest remaining seed vs just a gangsta (this should be a 2 week matchup).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

here's what my team did during the off week;

Drummond: Out

VanVleet: Out

Brogdon: Torn Quad

Greek Freak: Doubtful, MRI pending

 

so that went well.

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballmatic with the upset! Not looking forward to playing you the next two weeks. Especially because you'll be sucking the joy out of every epic Luka moment for me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ballmatic with the upset! Not looking forward to playing you the next two weeks. Especially because you'll be sucking the joy out of every epic Luka moment for me. 
 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RICK JAMES traded me Malcolm Brogdon, Giannis, and Dejounte Murray; all three of them just got injured during my bye week, right before I play...RICK JAMES. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well damn... season is suspended. Right decision, shitty timing. My team was finally getting fully healthy and looking solid for a run to the ship. Best squad ive had in years.

Thoughts on just chopping the remaining $600 four ways between the playoff teams?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Well damn... season is suspended. Right decision, shitty timing. My team was finally getting fully healthy and looking solid for a run to the ship. Best squad ive had in years.

Thoughts on just chopping the remaining $600 four ways between the playoff teams?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
 

i'm down with this solution if it comes to that. i'd like to play this thing out if we can, but if not then that appears to be the answer. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are a keeper league can we put a moratorium on adds/drops until the league decides what they are doing.

In my no IR money league commish froze thre league when a team started adding a bunch of injured players.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

let me see if i can figure out how to freeze rosters.

I think we can just agree informally not to do it if you can't easily do it on your end.

I will say I was kinda tempted to do some adds last night, but decided not to be a dick... for now

Edited by RCRanger03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man i don't even know how to feel about this. on the one hand, my team had lost only one matchup since Halloween and, imo, was steamrolling its way towards a title. On the other hand, Drummond's trade and an insane rash of injuries to my star players (including Gobert) had my team looking weak as shit since the playoffs started. was going to be an interesting ending.

my opinion- i think we should settle up now. Adam Silver has said that the NBA is done for at least a month (which imo means 6-8 weeks or more without hoops is totally likely), and even then if they did return we would still have another 3.5 weeks to play out. with that, and all of the questions that we don't have answers to right now, it seems like we should call it a year, say congrats to RC Ranger and name him league champ, and name our keepers for next year. my opinion anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've spoken to RICK JAMES and he's cool with chopping the pot now. sounds like that's the move? whoever is left feel free to chime in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

tell me if i've got this correct: 

$600 left in the pot means $150 for each of the four remaining teams

since none of us have paid, that means we're all actually owed $75 each (-our own $75 league dues) except for RC Ranger who also won the regular season and is owed $150 more? is that right?

please double and triple and check my math, because i'm retarded when it comes to math, but it either way it seems like the guys who didn't make the playoffs all just have to send their $75 to the four guys who made the final four? three send $75 to the three losers (lol) and three send $75 to RC. Is that right? i'm gonna hang up and go back to drinking now. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2020 at 9:27 PM, Goo Punch said:

tell me if i've got this correct: 

$600 left in the pot means $150 for each of the four remaining teams

since none of us have paid, that means we're all actually owed $75 each (-our own $75 league dues) except for RC Ranger who also won the regular season and is owed $150 more? is that right?

please double and triple and check my math, because i'm retarded when it comes to math, but it either way it seems like the guys who didn't make the playoffs all just have to send their $75 to the four guys who made the final four? three send $75 to the three losers (lol) and three send $75 to RC. Is that right? i'm gonna hang up and go back to drinking now. 

This is correct, BO can you help divy that up?

Whoever gets me:

Venmo @RCRanger03

CashApp $RCRanger03

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just went and made it official on the app, but fyi i'm keeping two players: 

5th round- Damontas Sabonis

10th round- Fred VanVleet

 

*we did decide that FA keepers would be 10th round picks, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Goo Punch said:

i just went and made it official on the app, but fyi i'm keeping two players: 

5th round- Damontas Sabonis

10th round- Fred VanVleet

 

*we did decide that FA keepers would be 10th round picks, yes?

yes to 10 rounder for any person who was ORIGINALLY a FA pickup. If they were drafted then thats their value

 

Definitely Issac as a former 9th round, keeper at 8th round for me

Still thinking about the other one... When does that decision have to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this happening? Wanted to use this $$$ to stock up on whisky for the inevitable lockdown...

Venmo @RCRanger03

CashApp $RCRanger03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

So is this happening? Wanted to use this $$$ to stock up on whisky for the inevitable lockdown...

Venmo @RCRanger03

CashApp $RCRanger03

Just sent you $75 through CashApp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

whoever wants to pay me shoot me a pm and i'll send you my venmo info. thannnkkksss

edit: actually two of you guys pm me, because one of the final four teams is owned by my buddy who took over for that one psycho's team when he quit. i'll see that he gets it. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...