49ers suspend radio analyst for kindaracist.jpg remarks

markstanco

No it's not.  It's pointing something out.  True or not, dumb or not is debatable.  But it wasn't racist.  
Its david dennison. Hes the VP of cloakroom. My title of the thread was shock value and tongue in cheek, but he is serious. Probably sending emails to the 49ers protesting the announcer and telling them how much of a 49ers fan he is and how much gear he has bought over the years and wont buy another single jersey or season tickets until he is fired.

On December 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM, landman said:

No it's not.  It's pointing something out.  True or not, dumb or not is debatable.  But it wasn't racist.  

No black analyst would've voiced the same opinion. They'd just give Jackson credit for being a good athlete. It's not like he's the first black QB or ball carrier. 

8 hours ago, Homercles said:

He is a dumbass for thinking it wouldn’t cause a stir.  He said his peace and is facing the consequences handed down by a business that is looking to make money and not offend its listeners and lose ad revenue.  It may not be fair or right, but he chose a profession that lends him a voice broadcast to a huge audience...he has to weigh the pros and cons of making a statement like that. 

Not everything that happens in a vacuum is reflective of an entire culture.  Smullet was an idiot, that doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist.  This radio guy choose poorly in weighing the pros and cons of his declaration that a brown/black player is ‘harder to see’ and thus gains a competitive advantage in what is ultimately a game played for our amusement...it may be marginally true but it’s still Ill-advised given his audience.  

I feel that an Indian VP at my company only hires demure Indian guys on his staff to both immune himself from diversity claims and simultaneously apply a caste system approach that allows him precise control over the direction of his team...I may be right but I’m not going to call it out in a strategy session attended by a dozen influential people...that’d make me a dumbass for not being cognizant of my environment and failing to understand that stating that piece of ‘knowledge’ has almost zero upside at the risk of being alienated.  

Yes. He should have known the cancel culture bots would be out for blood.