Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

COYS!!!

I'm feeling like this is a must win for Jose.  This will go a long way in determining his future with the club.  I think Jose is feeling this way too.  If he wasn't, he wouldn't have reached out to Dele as mentioned in the article above.  He could have done that weeks ago, but he chooses to do that now after two pathetic looking losses and Kane still out.  

He was brought in to win trophies, and may yet win some.  But right now, it looks like City has found their form and will win the EPL and possibly the League Cup.  Unless something major changes, I can't see Spurs winning Europa, or winning the FA.  If that happens and Spurs aren't top 4, I don't know why Jose should stick around.  Especially if it means we get to watch more boring futbol. 

So that's how I'm feeling.  Rather large match today.

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Pretty much textbook now. With no Kane, you just deny the ball to Son and you've defended Spurs completely. There is no attacking plan/scheme. They don't have a midfield that can breakdown the backline of any other team.

we really don't know about the second statement because of the first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

We weren’t seeing much of a creative midfield even with Kane and Son playing. 

True.

But Kane could break down defenses by himself. His assist numbers demonstrated that he had the ability to create something.

That said, the numbers speak the truth - beyond that, there wasn't much behind it.

12 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

that's my point. it's a tactical issue, not personnel. 

Completely agree with that. It’s a managerial philosophical problem. 

The West Ham collapse was a devastating loss in more ways than one. It’s what pretty much started this siege mentality style we’ve been watching for the past several match days.