Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

57 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Looks like a lineup that will struggle to move the ball up field.

Actually Palace looks like they are willing to them move the ball up the field. Spurs have gotten it down the field regularly and easily. Again, the question is going to be what happens if/when Spurs take the lead, is 1-0 going to be enough and can they defend it?

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

The starting 11 as good enough to beat Palace. The worry I have is that once he scores the go ahead goal, this team can’t hold a 1-0 lead. 

Individually, sure. The midfield isn't built to progress the ball. Kane is the only real creative player in the attacking 4. This side is going to struggle against a side parking the bus. Guess what Crystal Palace's game plan is.

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Individually, sure. The midfield isn't built to progress the ball. Kane is the only real creative player in the attacking 4. This side is going to struggle against a side parking the bus. Guess what Crystal Palace's game plan is.

No question. But Palace is willing to ceed progress to Spurs, it is going to come down to can they break down and score on them?

I don't think it's all that surprising that the goal came from a Palace breakdown of possession and then Kane breaking down the D.

1 minute ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Bale!!!!

Kane with a great play to get the ball and then find Bale.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

No question. But Palace is willing to ceed progress to Spurs, it is going to come down to can they break down and score on them?

I don't think it's all that surprising that the goal came from a Palace breakdown of possession and then Kane breaking down the D.

Kane with a great play to get the ball and then find Bale.

Moura really made the goal. He forced the turnover. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texanbychoice said:

I may be coming around to the theory that Bale actually was injured because he’s been so smooth of late.

You definitely have to wonder why he was kept back so long.   That trio is freaking crazy efficient.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

If Mou is figuring this out, I will still be pissed about Dec and Jan. But that all being said, he's doing something right. We will see.

I don't think its a coincidence that our offensive game suddenly looks miles better once Reguilon came back from his injury.