Things not going well for Netflix: Cuties

Parliament

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, this DA is probably going to score some points with lawnorder idiots in Tyler

Tyler is the county seat of Smith County. Woodville is the county seat of Tyler County. 

Also the Tyler County CDA’s father is a Congressman and they both have the IQ of a wet fart

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Tyler is the county seat of Smith County. Woodville is the county seat of Tyler County. 

Also the Tyler County CDA’s father is a Congressman and they both have the IQ of a wet fart

I actually knew that.  The reporting is a little off.

I'm not defending the film, it's so creepy I won't watch it.  I don't watch the little girl pageants either, for the same reason.  Even the shows about them, except Little MIss Sunshine.

But I think the whole idea of the film is to make you very uncomfortable about something that's going on in our midst that is easy to ignore.

For that reason, and the reason that no children were actually exploited (at least anymore than any other child actors), this film cannot be the subject of a criminal prosecution.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I actually knew that.  The reporting is a little off.

I'm not defending the film, it's so creepy I won't watch it.  I don't watch the little girl pageants either, for the same reason.  Even the shows about them, except Little MIss Sunshine.

But I think the whole idea of the film is to make you very uncomfortable about something that's going on in our midst that is easy to ignore.

For that reason, and the reason that no children were actually exploited (at least anymore than any other child actors), this film cannot be the subject of a criminal prosecution.

I figured you did. I’ve heard about the movie but haven’t seen it. From the description it sounds like it wouldn’t appeal to my interests, prurient or otherwise. 

Just from what I know about the parties involved I think it’s a fair question to ask if such minor considerations as venue, jurisdiction and summoning a multi national corporate into a state district court as a criminal defendant were addressed beforehand 

• Like 1