Why I voted the way I did

immamac

52 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s unbelievable how much this is true. I feel like I don’t really have a political party, and unlike you I’m not gonna waste my time voting. I haven’t voted since ‘12. 

Trump is going to be obliterated today, and unlike Hilary, this motherfucker will likely not concede and fight/litigate this thing out, leaving markets in limbo. 

I’m actually really refreshed at the prospect of a Biden presidency precisely because it’s not Trump. When he’s elected, with all uncertainty off the table, markets are going to soar. I am scared as shit about my taxes. 

I would respectfully suggest that voting in Texas in 2020 is not wasting your vote, and to the contrary is more important than in any other election in my life time and I assume yours as well. There is a very real chance Texas could be decided by a few thousand votes later this evening, and that could be the difference between a lengthy, ugly court battle and a decisive election night victory.  Paying more in taxes will suck; I get it.  But I would encourage you to at least cast a vote to remove this bloviating imbecile, particularly if you are refreshed at the prospect of a Biden presidency precisely because it's not Trump. God knows 2024 isn't that far away, and there will be plenty of time to debate tax and economic policy over the next four years once the existential threat to democracy and decency is removed from office.  

• Hook 'Em 2