Why I voted the way I did

immamac

On 10/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, pearlandhorn said:

Biden literally stood on stage on Thursday and said he wants to phase out my industry in the next 5 years.  That's why I voted the way I did.

This was not a wise use of your vote and that is not what he said. Your industry will be phased out and you will either be retired by that point or will have done what many in your profession will do and that is find a new job in the renewable energy industry.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, Hefeweizen said:

I voted for an R for county commissioner.  She is a friend's daughter, and I don't think she is a Trumper, but either way she will be a good commissioner.  Otherwise Straight D homey.

And I had always voted libertarian and R.  Because fuck you I've got mine; but right now, the death cult is out of control and we need chemo to kill the cancer.

I get the impulse to vote for who you think is a "good" Republican, but you don't kill the cancer by letting part of it live.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I get the impulse to vote for who you think is a "good" Republican, but you don't kill the cancer by letting part of it live.

This is akin to listening to people on here or in our daily interactions with others talk about family members who are good people that are voting for Republicans. There is something not well in a person’s psyche right now if they are running as a Republican. The whole lot of them needs to be voted out down to the county clerk in every municipality across this country.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:23 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

I voted D or D endorsed in every race because the Republican Party must be ground into dust for enabling this shit. 

This. 

On 10/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, TexArcher said:

Pretty sure the Surly Republicans are all hiding in Daily Texan; they know if they come in here they'll get dismantled and called out for covering for the worst human being to ever hold the presidency.

So there was a rather blunt, yet eloquent in its own weird way, post on Feminist News' Facebook group about a month ago:

"The question was posed, "Why do people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does?" A lady named Bev answered it this way:

“You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence.
They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period. He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it. The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.
If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.

Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense?
Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fuck liberals is the only relevant thing.
Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about. That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about. It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway.

That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever. Fuck liberals.

Look at the issue with not wearing the masks. I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.

You've got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness. And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred. And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me. Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness. Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness. They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.

Kindness = weakness.
Honesty = weakness.
Compromise = weakness.

They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do. They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.

Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them. Just keep in mind what I said here and be forewarned.”

Nothing about that is really newsworthy. We knew that about them before he won the nomination, let alone the general election, in 2016. And the people to which you referred are very well aware of the fact that they cannot justify any of the shit that has happened under this administration. They just don't care. 

worldburn-top.jpg
Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I don't like to give Trump much credit for anything but he was 100% spot on when he said that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and many of his supporters would not care. His 2020 weaknesses is that I don't think he has quite enough of those supporters this time. The scary part is that it's close.

Cast my first D vote in a presidential election. I skipped the last one because I live in an 80% R state and it was pointless. It is still pointless in the grand scheme of things, but it is one more vote to the popular vote.
I voted the way I did because I want a better country for my kids than I had and for the first time ever I don’t see that as a reality. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, hpslugga said:

This. 

So there was a rather blunt, yet eloquent in its own weird way, post on Feminist News' Facebook group about a month ago:

"The question was posed, "Why do people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does?" A lady named Bev answered it this way:

“You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence.
They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period. He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it. The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.
If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.

Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense?
Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fuck liberals is the only relevant thing.
Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about. That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about. It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway.

That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever. Fuck liberals.

Look at the issue with not wearing the masks. I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.

You've got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness. And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred. And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me. Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness. Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness. They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.

Kindness = weakness.
Honesty = weakness.
Compromise = weakness.

They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do. They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.

Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them. Just keep in mind what I said here and be forewarned.”

Nothing about that is really newsworthy. We knew that about them before he won the nomination, let alone the general election, in 2016. And the people to which you referred are very well aware of the fact that they cannot justify any of the shit that has happened under this administration. They just don't care. 

worldburn-top.jpg

aka Death Cult.  credit to @Brisketexan

On 10/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, hpslugga said:

This. 

Kindness = weakness.
Honesty = weakness.
Compromise = weakness.

worldburn-top.jpg

She forgot to mention that they’re also complete cowards.

They talk tough but don’t back up shit.  Pussies, one and all.

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, Cacti said:

The O & G industry has supplied a product that billions of people have utilized for well over 100 years, with the American consumer consuming more than their fair share.

I assume you fly, drive, use electricity/gas, and enjoy the many products that come from petroleum/gas. If so, it’s not his job that is “fucking our environment”, it’s me, you, all consumers.

Blaming the O & G worker’s ‘job’ for our environmental issues makes about as much sense as blaming the farmer for our obesity problem.

The fact of the matter is that the world is transitioning away from fossil fuels and we can either let other countries develop and become the suppliers of this technology or we can try to employ our people by trying to become the leader.  Sticking your head in the ground about the future is short sided.

• Hook 'Em 1

so i voted today. i feel good about it, in a weird, angry fuck you way. because fuck you that's why. 

i did straight D, with no Ls or Rs on my ballot. these people need to be punished for their nihilism. 

i have never ever voted straight ticket, and i used to be proud of it. now i'm proud of voting straight ticket. not sure what to make of that.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I voted last Friday in my usual split party ballot.

Left the POTUS blank. More than happy I didn’t have to lie to myself and justify voting for either fool.

Remember this if this clown gets elected for another term. You are part of the problem.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Remember this if this clown gets elected for another term. You are part of the problem.

Joe Biden told me I wasn’t black if I didn’t vote for him. I didn’t and I’m still black. They both wear the same size clown shoe.

The world isn’t going to end if Trump gets re-elected or Biden wins. The losing side will just cry/whine until the next election about how America is being destroyed. Until
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I voted for the Libertarian Presidential candidate (Jorgensen) and all the other State and local Libertarians. (two, iirc). A few Republicans who aren't idiots, and anyone running unopposed. They deserve a participation ribbon at least.

I have been criticized on both sides for my 3rd party votes. "A vote for Jorgenson is a vote for the candidate I don't like!" Wrong. It's HALF a vote for the candidate you don't like. And that's something you need to get right with.

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Joe Biden told me I wasn’t black if I didn’t vote for him. I didn’t and I’m still black. They both wear the same size clown shoe.

The world isn’t going to end if Trump gets re-elected or Biden wins. The losing side will just cry/whine until the next election about how America is being destroyed. Until

Correct-

The world didn't end when Hitler took power either, it was just about 6 million Jews lighter.

Correct-
  The world didn't end when Hitler took power either, it was just about 6 million Jews lighter.

Hitler, really? So when are we invading Poland?

Also, you voting for Biden is a way bigger problem. He’s only been part of the system for 47 years. The same system you think he is going to fix.

39 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Beyond anything, I care for animals and nature in general. People can get fucked. I'll hear about a bus load of kids going off a bridge and feel nothing.

These Republican cunts opening up our national forests to logging..... man fuck that shit.

john c reilly seriously GIF

Hitler, really? So when are we invading Poland?

Also, you voting for Biden is a way bigger problem. He’s only been part of the system for 47 years. The same system you think he is going to fix.

“Fix” the system? Hell, I’ll settle for not setting shit on fire on a daily basis, which is what we’ve got right now.
  • Hook 'Em 2

well, we're up over 200,000 deaths already.  we won't get to poland numbers, but not for lack of trying.

I doubt it, just a sad guy who has twisted himself in a knot about history and facts.

Trump has said being a democrat should “be illegal”. If you don’t see the parallels then you don’t know much about history.

I love me some fear and hysteria right before Election Day.

Like I said earlier, if Trump wins you’ll sing this same sad tune while waiting on the next election. If Biden wins, then I guess Poland will be safe .
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2020 at 5:34 PM, CTC2 said:

The fact of the matter is that the world is transitioning away from fossil fuels and we can either let other countries develop and become the suppliers of this technology or we can try to employ our people by trying to become the leader.  Sticking your head in the ground about the future is short sided.

The world isn't transitioning away from fossil fuels yet, it's supplementing in select areas until a better alternative is found. The current forms of renewable energy are not stable enough, cheap enough, or create enough energy to meet worldwide demand.  Nuclear energy is going to be the future, but a lot of people are not supportive of that either because of the potential environmental waste or other dangers. 

For those interested in some good reading on this I suggest Power Hungry by Robert Bryce.  He lives in Austin and is a UT grad.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Lifetime Republican. Never voted for a Democratic President or Senator in my life.

2016 no way in hell I was going to vote for Clinton. none. That said. I couldn't and didn't vote for Trump. He just wasn't (isn't) qualified. I wrote in a vote. I hated copping out, but I just couldn't vote for either. Rest of ballot mainly R.

2020... struggled for most of cycle on it. Up until around May I was going to just go ahead and vote for Trump. I've liked his policies and a couple of policies/regulations on the left will hurt my industry and occupation I feared (saw same when Obama was elected and much better when Trump was then elected).

As time grew closer I just couldn't stomach it. Trumps tone on race and pandemic were just too much. I really didn't want to vote for Biden either. Though about copping out again and that really didn't settle well as last time I figured Clinton would win anyway. I decided to vote for Biden but as I got in the booth I still paused... and paused some more before going to the dark side and voting for Biden.

There just has to be a minimum level of human decency to be considered worthy of a vote. You can't be a complete "fuck tard" and be eligible. Trump doesn't meet that low bar. I opted to vote for Biden as I feel like he has to win to move our country past the tone of Trumps presidency and I didn't want him to come up 1 short.  Rest of my ticket was pretty evenly split R/D

i wonder how many of you there are, and how many decided the other way at the last moment.  my guess is 2,000,000, but only a 1/4 of them actually ticked biden.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Lifetime Republican. Never voted for a Democratic President or Senator in my life.

2016 no way in hell I was going to vote for Clinton. none. That said. I couldn't and didn't vote for Trump. He just wasn't (isn't) qualified. I wrote in a vote. I hated copping out, but I just couldn't vote for either. Rest of ballot mainly R.

2020... struggled for most of cycle on it. Up until around May I was going to just go ahead and vote for Trump. I've liked his policies and a couple of policies/regulations on the left will hurt my industry and occupation I feared (saw same when Obama was elected and much better when Trump was then elected).

As time grew closer I just couldn't stomach it. Trumps tone on race and pandemic were just too much. I really didn't want to vote for Biden either. Though about copping out again and that really didn't settle well as last time I figured Clinton would win anyway. I decided to vote for Biden but as I got in the booth I still paused... and paused some more before going to the dark side and voting for Biden.

There just has to be a minimum level of human decency to be considered worthy of a vote. You can't be a complete "fuck tard" and be eligible. Trump doesn't meet that low bar. I opted to vote for Biden as I feel like he has to win to move our country past the tone of Trumps presidency and I didn't want him to come up 1 short.  Rest of my ticket was pretty evenly split R/D

I know how hard it is to break a lifetime loyalty to a political party. Good on you man.

1 minute ago, Texaspython said:

I know how hard it is to break a lifetime loyalty to a political party. Good on you man.

If fairness it's been getting closer and closer the past decade+  The GOP establishment just took things way too far on things they didn't need to. I feel they are very much out of touch from the majority of the party. I stopped donating long ago to anyone other than those I know personally or locally.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I hear you, I struggled a bit more in the booth than I anticipated. I ended up giving Trump an attaboy for cementing a conservative SC, that was a big win. I still think Biden wins, which is fine too. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I hear you, I struggled a bit more in the booth than I anticipated. I ended up giving Trump an attaboy for cementing a conservative SC, that was a big win. I still think Biden wins, which is fine too. 

Genuinely not trying to be combative here, but what did Trump do here to deserve an attaboy other than "be President when RBG died?"

Edited by Chuckie Finster

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

That is actually the perfect way to end that post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Beyond anything, I care for animals and nature in general. People can get fucked. I'll hear about a bus load of kids going off a bridge and feel nothing.

These Republican cunts opening up our national forests to logging..... man fuck that shit.

Let’s be honest here, you were off the Trump train the moment he started ranting about saying, “Merry Christmas” again.

23 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Genuinely not trying to be combative here, but what did Trump do here to deserve an attaboy other than "be President when RBG died?"

He made it a point in his 2016 campaign to talk about nominating more conservative judges to the SC and he followed through. I really don't think it can be stressed enough, that was a huge victory. 

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

He made it a point in his 2016 campaign to talk about nominating more conservative judges to the SC and he followed through. I really don't think it can be stressed enough, that was a huge victory. 

Literally any R would have done the same.  It's not like dotard actually looked into these nominees.  He just put up whomever he was told to by the Federalist Society.

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

But... why does he - specifically Donald J. Trump - deserve an attaboy?   Would President Ted Cruz or President Marco Rubio or President InsertLiterallyAnyOtherRepublican have done anything differently?  It seems to me you are rewarding him for just existing at a convenient time.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Literally any R would have done the same.  It's not like dotard actually looked into these nominees.  He just put up whomever he was told to by the Federalist Society.

Taking counsel from The Federalist proved to be a very smart decision. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

But... why does he - specifically Donald J. Trump - deserve an attaboy?   Would President Ted Cruz or President Marco Rubio or President InsertLiterallyAnyOtherRepublican have done anything differently?  It seems to me you are rewarding him for just existing at a convenient time.

Like I said above, he took sound advice and put it into motion. I’m sure those two would have loved to select a SC nominee, but Trump won the election, which counts for more than just “existing” in my estimation.

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Like I said above, he took sound advice and put it into motion. I’m sure those two would have loved to select a SC nominee, but Trump won the election, which counts for more than just “existing” in my estimation.

So, essentially... "I voted for Donald Trump in 2020 because he won in 2016." 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m sure those two would have loved to select a SC nominee, but Trump won the election, which counts for more than just “existing” in my estimation.

It's not a huge deal I guess, but why do you think he made unique selections that only he would have?  He is the least knowledgeable person in our government, which is astounding on its own.  He's not some constitutional scholar that is staying up late weighing the pros and cons and case history of these nominees.

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Given the hypocrisy of it all, I would think it’s a reason to vote against him. Of course, that assumes your vote has any ethics attached to it.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, essentially... "I voted for Donald Trump in 2020 because he won in 2016." 

I voted for him because he cemented a conservative SC. I fear I’m resorting to tautology at this point, so maybe we’ve gone as far as we can in this exchange.