The Georgia Senate Runoff Democracy Chain Match

horn4life

What we are gonna see in Georgia is going to be mind blowing as far as the political intensity of an entire nation on one state.  While we have always had many battleground states in every election a special election of two Senators is unprecedented, where the control of the Senate hung in the balance , post Presidential election. Normally, the odds on bet for me would be that the Dems flip neither seat. But I am going to say the opposite and predict the Dems take BOTH seats.  My reasoning, is based about 80% on the fact that voters will be able to register until December 7th for the runoff.  I thought that Georgia slightly had a Republican edge the state just barely, but Trump and this runoff are gonna be the nudge to blue. I can see Biden, and Harris happily and hopefully campaigning, and Trump.... either golfing for campaigning for the Georgia Senate as he whines and sues.  I think the Dems pour monster money into additional voter registration, and that ends up the difference.

What I am going to be most interested from a political observation standpoint is to see is how Trump reacts to the loss? And does his reaction and post defeat lawyering and protestation, potentially impact the Senatorial election in Georgia?  It may be a non-issue.  But if Trump does what he usually does it may put the two GOP incumbents in a pickle.  Do they condemn the President's antics?  Embrace them?  With reality setting in for the Trump flag caravan that their time in the sun is over, will the GOP have the voter turnout intensity?  Match the Dems in the registration effort ?   A fuck you to the Dems has always been one of the most important aspects of the Trump Republican party, so it's possible.

The alternative turnout potential outcome is that Trump folks are realizing about the time the vote counting for this race, that Trump is a (WHINY?) big fat loser.    

I sort of think that if Trump does what is expected, whine and cry and sue and sue and sue, to pretend he won something he clearly did not. IF that's the case , then it's likely that Loeffler and Perdue may be repetitively questioned about Trump as they campaign. A normal President would most certainly simply concede, and do whatever they could t keep both those seats Republican.  I think Trump is gonna try do both.  Whine and sue and campaign "strongly" in Georgia.  But I think the pressure for Trump to concede defeat is going to build the entire time of the Georgia Runoff.

Hmm. The first thing I think about is the vast majority of votes in presidential election were against trump.  It was a simple personality contest. My thought is since trump is not on this ballot, people in Georgia can rationally decide which candidates will do a better job representing them.  But then you can bank on the dems throwing in huge bucks for voter turnout, registration.  I see it breaking half and half.  Will the Republicans match money paid by dems?  Also, will there be a recount in that one senate race where the republican came up a few votes short of 50%?