Washington FT @ Steelers, 4:00 on Fox

shadow_operative2.0

On 12/8/2020 at 8:01 AM, phdhorn said:

Washington is now at least a half-decent team.

I want to believe!

Is Ron Rivera the savior? He already overcame one cancer, can he overcome the cancer that is the Washington Football Team?

It is compelling, which is more than I can say for the name redacteds since we were wondering if Art Monk would break Steve Largent's receiving record.

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I want to believe!

Is Ron Rivera the savior? He already overcame one cancer, can he overcome the cancer that is the Washington Football Team?

It is compelling, which is more than I can say for the name redacteds since we were wondering if Art Monk would break Steve Largent's receiving record.

Rivera is of course a defensive guy, and now his defense is really kicking in.

The offense has a long way to go, but has a half-decent (as in half the players) line, a good young RB, one good receiver - and at least for now, apparently a QB (Smith) who can be relied on to win games.

49ers, Seahawks, Panthers, and Eagles left.  Could easily go 3-1 here (Seahawks the question, 49ers pick 'em).  Giants have about the same road (Cardinals, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys).  But Giants have 2 wins over WFT, so they'll likely get the title barring a complete collapse.  Still, a good run for this club sets up for next year).

As an aside:

I had to work and was in my car all night so I looked up Steelers radio and found a station on TuneIn with the Steelers broadcast.

Holy shit - what a beating. The play-by-play guy was okay, and the first color guy wasn't terrible, but the second color guy was like a drunk Make-A-Wish kid wandered into the booth and found a microphone. Just kept saying the dumbest things like he was narrating the instant replay.

Example:

PbP: Snell gets the handoff from Ben, tries the left side and is stopped after a short gain. Sweat and Bostic in on the tackle.

Color #1: Bostic does a good job of filling the gap and Snell just couldn't find a way through.

(20 seconds later)

Color #2: He just runs straight.

It was like that all night. Not sure who any of these guys are but the other two acted like they were used to it.