Washington FT @ Steelers, 4:00 on Fox

shadow_operative2.0

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

razor-thin margin for Steelers this year.  Don’t like it

It is the NFL. A good majority of these games come down to the final 5 minutes and a few plays here and there. I would not sweat it. The Chiefs barely beat a shit ass Denver team at home and almost to the Raiders a few weeks ago. Pitt doing exactly what they need against Washington so far. 

31 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Steelers gonna fuck around and lose

Good for the Chiefs.

Has it seemed to anyone else the past couple of seasons that James Washington  is woefully misused/ underutilized?

17 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Just incredible what Alex Smith has been able to do this season given what he went through.  

I don't remember which program it was but they were trying to make Comeback Player of the Year a debate between Big Ben and Alex Smith.

Alex Smith should win it every year he remains in the League, and I don't even really like him.   His story is incredible though.

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

I don't remember which program it was but they were trying to make Comeback Player of the Year a debate between Big Ben and Alex Smith.

Alex Smith should win it every year he remains in the League, and I don't even really like him.   His story is incredible though.

2145CF32-6CB3-43EE-9261-25B50B7037C3.thumb.jpeg.a86f1da7fb31fd4b6b053290ec81352f.jpeg

I’m just jealous ...

1 hour ago, slorch said:

One of the Pittsburgh sportswriters on the local radio pregame show basically said that in most years Ben would be a lock for comeback player, but Alex smith should not only win it this year but they should retire the award after what he’s made it back from. 

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The main reason I hated last night’s result was having to see the 1972 Dolphins do their tired celebration schtick. 

Given that 2020 ain't over yet, you might be able to put in an order on getting them fucked up before year's end.

16 hours ago, heso said:

It’s not a Steelers season without an absolutely terrible loss to a trash team that brings with it massive playoff implications. 

I don't think Washington is any longer a "trash team".  They aren't Chiefs caliber, but they're far from what they were in September.  Their defense is third in the league (against some good competition) and their defensive rush is (to me) the best in the NFL.  Alex Smith has returned and since then the offense has improved noticably - Smith is a game-changer for them.

It's too late in the season to say that any NFC East team is "really good" but the Giants and the No-Names have begun to play a higher level of ball.  It's likely that one of them will at least have a winning record and might actually be a decent playoff team.  

The Steelers have looked less than stellar for the past month, but this game really isn't a shock.  Washington has been competitive in the last six weeks as the defense has both held them in games and improved each week.  Smith has given the team some offensive  confidence that they can produce, and more importantly as last night - habe the ability to come back.

Washington is now at least a half-decent team.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/8/2020 at 9:01 AM, phdhorn said:

I don't think Washington is any longer a "trash team".  They aren't Chiefs caliber, but they're far from what they were in September.  Their defense is third in the league (against some good competition) and their defensive rush is (to me) the best in the NFL.  Alex Smith has returned and since then the offense has improved noticably - Smith is a game-changer for them.

It's too late in the season to say that any NFC East team is "really good" but the Giants and the No-Names have begun to play a higher level of ball.  It's likely that one of them will at least have a winning record and might actually be a decent playoff team.  

The Steelers have looked less than stellar for the past month, but this game really isn't a shock.  Washington has been competitive in the last six weeks as the defense has both held them in games and improved each week.  Smith has given the team some offensive  confidence that they can produce, and more importantly as last night - habe the ability to come back.

Washington is now at least a half-decent team.

That is all completely accurate. I was most impressed with that Washington defense. The team is far better than their record. 

Point stands that Steelers have a habit of losing games they are supposed to win that regularly cost them playoff spots, home field, etc. This one isn’t nearly as bad as previous years’ losses to browns/raiders and the like. 

• Hook 'Em 1