Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

This is a good read about the odds in this turn around happening.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/01/leicester-2-spurs-3-analysed/

To me the best part about this is the chart showing projected win probability. They said the last second that Leicester led, 94:51, the odds on Spurs winning were 1:6666.

leicester-2-3-spurs-2022-chances-2048x10

1 in 6666.

47172828_ScreenShot2022-01-20at9_35_21AM.thumb.png.3a615d4067cf2688d9bf4b79c569e8d6.png

When NES was fired, things looked lost. But how things have changed.

1696272519_ScreenShot2022-01-20at9_45_17AM.thumb.png.e1d20ff341768e449c9204bec460678f.png

2 games in hand on Liverpool (9 points down)
3 games in hand on West Ham (1 point down)
4 games in hand on Chelsea (8 points down)

Champions League is there for the taking. And it's the form Spurs have right now.

Again, xG,xGD,etc are devicive stats. But many of the statheads will note that xGD is one of the most indicative numbers of where teams finish. Spurs started badly, but their xGD has skyrocketed since Conte took over. The stats tell you that they are slotted for 4th place. They could make a lot more happen too. I will tell you what, if Levy get's off his ass and spends some money, this team will make the Champions League and might not even worry about it with 3 or 4 games to play.

image.thumb.png.1e99fecdbfc91c7032506f60967b5ab9.png

29 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Champions League is there for the taking. And it's the form Spurs have right now.

Agreed.  If there is a time to let it rip its now.  Levy has made it clear he wants and IMO needs champions league football.  If he means what he says he will back Conte if only for his and ENIC's greed.

Lo Celso posted that he was 100% healthy, yet he didn't make the trip.  Dele was left out. Moura could have started, and Sessegnon could have stayed on the bench. Skipp started on the bench as well. 

Don't know that Conte was really going for it today, and I understand that man management and workload was a consideration. I just wouldn't agree that it was completely injury related. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

The Athletic is reporting that we're close to an agreement with Wolves for Traore.

https://theathletic.com/news/tottenham-and-wolves-close-to-agreeing-deal-for-adama-traore/J7WJySH24yPQ/

And this is dead. Barca is somehow swooping in with this.

That's just an option to buy, not necessarily buying him. And again, the question becomes with what money?

Edited by Captain Ron

I guess? This is more of Barcelona and Wolves continuing a relationship they have had. It's also a really weird and not so great (for Wolves) deal that is being made from what I am reading.

Basically it's roughly a straight swap of Trincao and Adama, with Wolves sending some money Barca's way.

Ndombele looking likely to head somewhere, probably PSG, before the deadline.  

Lo Celso is available, and apparently, they're pushing to get him out as well.  

That would be a damning indictment of the 2019 summer transfer window.  Jack Clarke has stayed on loan, and Ryan Sessegnon never really took off. 

3 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Ndombele looking likely to head somewhere, probably PSG, before the deadline.  

Lo Celso is available, and apparently, they're pushing to get him out as well.  

That would be a damning indictment of the 2019 summer transfer window.  Jack Clarke has stayed on loan, and Ryan Sessegnon never really took off. 

Lo Celso and Sessegnon always seemed to pick up an injury at the worst possible time. Clarke never really looked the same after his injury at Leeds. Constantly changing managers never helped. I wish they had bought Jarrod Bowen from Hull.