Falling Rock Closing

VRHorn

I know it's in Denver, but the guys at Falling Rock announced tonight that they are closing at the end of the month.
It's the best beer bar in the country and it's a damn shame.
I saw that on reddit. Sucks. That was a great place to go before Rockies games. If they own the real estate, it's worth a mint, though.

I know one of the brothers (at least) went to UT and they worked at the G-man in Houston, which is why there was a little similar feel there. 

The combination of GABF canceling, no foot traffic from Rockies games, and downtown being dead apparently was too much to survive.

I didn't know about the trademark dispute, but that does sound like Shannon Wynne.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, VRHorn said:

I know one of the brothers (at least) went to UT and they worked at the G-man in Houston, which is why there was a little similar feel there. 

The combination of GABF canceling, no foot traffic from Rockies games, and downtown being dead apparently was too much to survive.

I didn't know about the trademark dispute, but that does sound like Shannon Wynne.

It wasn't too big a snit.  First off, it may not be a trademark.  Falling Rock could prove that they used it before Flying Saucer applied for registration, probably before Flying Saucer entirely.  So they got left alone.  Wynne wasn't personally involved, as far as I know, but it was his corporation.