Need help traveling

Bogeywon

3 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

I think we are going to DC. The Holocaust museum in my state in small but moved me to tears. I read to and watch a lot of stuff about the Holocaust. I’ve wanted to go for the DC one for years.

You'll be very moved and it's an incredible experience, well worth the trip.  If you go with some one, agree to do the museum at your own (and different) paces.  It's intensely personal and trying to stay together is difficult, because it's such an individual experience.  There is an area for quiet contemplation after you finish the permanent exhibit. There is a ticketing system (check the website). Bring water, comfortable shoes, and a sweater/light cover up, as they keep it cool for preservation purposes. Plan on the museum being your day.

Here's the DC travel thread.  Three things:  The Udvar Hazy Airplane museum requires a car if you are staying down town, as does Mount Vernon. Old Ebbitt Grill has a good raw bar, but it's really kind of a tourist thing, and the humidity in DC during July and August is serious business and will put a full grown Texan down if you don't respect it.

• Hook 'Em 1