World Cup Quarterfinals - Croatia/Brazil, Netherlands/Argentina, Morocco/Portugal, England/France

Captain Ron

On 12/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, DanTheHorn said:

Pepe will not be waking up in the middle of the night for years to come thinking about the ref.

Who is out for the semis?

and TexArcher:

Morocco will be without striker Walid Cheddira, who picked up two bookings within a minute after coming on as a substitute in their shock win over Portugal.

As a result of the four quarterfinals, only three players have been ruled out of the semis through suspension.

• Argentina – Marcos Acuna
  • Argentina – Gonzalo Montiel
  • Morocco – Walid Cheddira

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/world-cup-yellow-cards-suspended-semi-finals-rules/pxir6jgj1i7qoh6ukmylaamb

Edited by Mdhorn

Was pulling for England but they just totaly went all Trainspotting on the French. 

I know the Scots and English hate each other, and the Scots deservidly so but to make my point--the English just wanked off a penalty kick and were gifted another at the end that they blew to capitalize on their miserable day.  If Kane kicks the second like the first, there's nothing the goalee can do, even if he knows where it's going.   And Harry has probably practiced and made that kick in games 100s if not exponentially more times, but on the largest stage before the world, totally muffed it.  It didn't even need to be blocked or a rebound or anything--just right up and over.  This leads me to believe the English show up like these guys before the semis, and the other team just believes they got a chance:

GIF by T2 Trainspotting

Edited by Mdhorn