Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

jofus

I noticed it seemed like a certain type of tree had a certain thing growing around it. Are they also by area? 

Seemed like around the forge where you first run into yiga (central-ish?) had more bomb trees than over around the two forges under gerudo?

Kind of glad I waited a good while in to hit the depths. Probably still wouldn’t have if it weren’t for the fire temple. 

Hit a good few lightroots, all the desert ones, several under central, the ones around the fire temple. Been using surface shrines on the map to drop a pin below to follow to a lightroot. 

• 1 month later...

Been banging on this a bit the last few weeks. 

Knocked out all of the temples, and now messing about with rando side quests while kicking out some more shrines, korok seeds, and trying to get enough goods to upgrade armor. Got the champions leathers full up to its 32 base, and working on getting the stuff for the fierce deity set now. That set will probably be my main set once upgraded, since its set bonus is an upgraded attack strength.

I'm at a point where I should probably just go finish the game. I've hit every lightroot underground. Done almost everything in the sky. Scoured most of the ground of the regular map. Still tons of side quests that I haven't done, but a lot of those are just crap anyways. I'm maxxed out on korok stuff even though I've only found half of them on the map. 

I just need a weekend where the wife and kids are doing something else and i'm like ok here we fucking go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I finally just said fuck it and beat the game..... but it took me many many more hours than I thought it would. 

After I had done the 4 sages crap I thought I'd just go up to Hyrule Castle and we'd get this shit going. NOPE. I had at least 3 or 4 more hours of bullshit left. Even when I got to the end, I'm like "Yay I beat Ganondorf"... NOPE... you have to beat him again in another form.... "YAY I beat Ganondorf"... NOPE.. another form!

Then when I finally won, I was really expecting Link and Zelda to just fuck right there on screen. NOPE... she doesn't even acknowledge him. Dude is friendzoned forever. He needs to take Purah back to the Hyrule basement and get dirty with her. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Lately I've been picking this back up to continue my neverending korok quest. I cheated a lot to find them in BoTW but I refuse to do so in this one. Luckily I found that korok mask that laughs and jingles every time you're near one. That has saved me hours of time. I'm down to about 60 left (I think.. pretty sure there's 800). It's amazing how many are right under your nose and you walk right past them on the first go through. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 9:16 AM, NorthLoop said:

Lately I've been picking this back up to continue my neverending korok quest. I cheated a lot to find them in BoTW but I refuse to do so in this one. Luckily I found that korok mask that laughs and jingles every time you're near one. That has saved me hours of time. I'm down to about 60 left (I think.. pretty sure there's 800). It's amazing how many are right under your nose and you walk right past them on the first go through. 

I was wrong. There's 1000 instead of 800. I have 200 more to find. My wife and 13yo daughter love it when I randomly yell out "KOROK" every 10 minutes while playing on the couch. The 4yo fucking loves it though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this a few weeks back when the wife took the kids out of town.

So far, it's really fun and interesting to play around in a familiar but different world.  I am just fucking around looking for shrines to get hearts and stamina after dying a lot fighting the bigger monsters.  I hate not having any stamina to fly around.  I have yet to start on the 4 corners of interest, which I assume is like the 4 dungeons in BoTW.  The weapon system is overwhelming as fuck, I don't really know what I'm doing, I just fuse shit with rocks hoping it will last longer?  I don't really like the idea of fusing weapons to every item I have just to see what they do, that seems tedious.  

Should I just fuse random crap for a while, or does the game eventually help make sense of how to choose what to fuse weapons with?

Same with building.  I can sit there and waste 30 minutes trying to build a wagon but it doesn't really help me do anything, I think I can get a horse to pull it, but how would that even help me?  Should I be spending time trying to build crazy shit, or is the game going to give me things I need to build and lead me to that conclusion logically?

Those are some dumbass questions, sorry, I just don't really want to spend a lot of time experimenting with building and fusing unless there is a big payoff.

You can see the hit points increase when you’re selecting the item to fuse. 

Get in a “safe” area, like a town, then drop something to fuse, or several things.

Gems fuse to rods, and depending on the gem with do something different. Ruby/fire, sapphire/ice, topaz/electric. Not sure about a diamond, not worth finding out.

The more strength a monster has, the more damage their dropped part will inflict when fused. Like a good halberd and a lizalfos horn, for example. Black lizalfos horn being better than a green, etc. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 11:55 PM, NorthLoop said:

I'm at a point where I should probably just go finish the game. I've hit every lightroot underground. Done almost everything in the sky. Scoured most of the ground of the regular map. Still tons of side quests that I haven't done, but a lot of those are just crap anyways. I'm maxxed out on korok stuff even though I've only found half of them on the map. 

I just need a weekend where the wife and kids are doing something else and i'm like ok here we fucking go. 

This is where I am, but with only most of the lightroots.  Need to down at the Castle and see whats what.  I havent played in a year it seems.

• Hook 'Em 1