Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

jofus

So, I just stumbled into the final ability, and it does help with the builds. Spoiler contains locations and ability:

the final ability let’s you build quickly by providing plans for any previous builds you made, and auto-building them if the materials are present. This should be a big time saver.

This was unlocked in the depths in the great central abandoned mine, which is under the great plateau.

• Hook 'Em 1

Armor seems weird. 

For example, no difference in how much your cold tolerance increases with 1 or 3 pieces of the snow armor equipped.

I’m not sure about defensive strength. But I have a heat headband, climbing gear, and snow pants equipped. And that little blue sliver on the thermometer showing your cold resistance is as low with 1 or all 3 equipped. Maybe it’s from having possession of all 3? Not sure since I bought it all at the same time.

Getting the Great Faries to open up is a bit of a pain. Although as long as one is open, good enough I guess. 

Anyone else notice their horses from BotW were available to take out from the stables?

I hadn’t, until I went to board one I spent the time taming. Oops.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:16 AM, NorthLoop said:

I'm the same way. I went to Hebra and met up with the little bird dude and we're all set to go on our mission, but I'm like nah ill go get more hearts and cool weapons first. 

On 5/19/2023 at 11:38 AM, thunderlounge said:

Same here. Left that little bitch cryin while I’ve run off for other stuff first.

Ran into a cave looking for a gem for a shrine, found a hinox thing. I’ll be doing that one later. I die enough trying to walk across shit  🙄

I finally went and did it. The whole ordeal took me like 2 hours. Load up on cold weather meals and get used to flying with the kid's help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I told my daughter I had to finish BOTW before we could get the new Zelda game, and she's been obsessed with playing it ever since. The only problem is she just finished kindergarten, so she is constantly asking for help with what they are saying or how to get one of the horses to some random village she wants to live in.

37 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Anyone taken on a Gleeok (3 headed dragon) yet? 

Also I've only seen one Lynel so far. Maybe I'm just not meandering to the right spots. 

Got my ass kicked by an ice gleeok.  But that was earlier in the game.  Fire might be easier, so I'm going to try the one on the bridge across Lake Hylia soon.  I haven't seen any Lynels so far.  

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Anyone taken on a Gleeok (3 headed dragon) yet? 

Also I've only seen one Lynel so far. Maybe I'm just not meandering to the right spots. 

I’ve seen them, but have stayed away. Some of the one-headed ones, not so much. But running and hiding has worked on those, if you can get to a place they can’t see you go. (Like around a corner/hillside behind a rock/tall grass/etc.)

I think I’ve seen a few Lynels patrolling fields, but couldn’t tell you exactly where. 

I have also run into several of those big rock monster things. Whatever they’re called. Run run run.

Also have seen a few of those wizard thingys, whose name also escapes me at the moment. 

I've killed a couple of the rock monsters with the platforms and little guys on their backs. They're easy enough to deal with if you have several rock smashing weapons.

I've seen one Lyonel in a snowy field in the Garudo Highlands area. 

I haven't ventured underground much yet. I have done the wind and lightning temples. I only just today opened the first great fairy but haven't upgraded any armor yet. I've barely even found new armor to upgrade. I have the cold weather set from Rito village and I have the desert head band from Garudo.

I did do the quest that makes the two armor sets in Kakariko normal prices again but haven't bought them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

I have also run into several of those big rock monster things. Whatever they’re called. Run run run.

Also have seen a few of those wizard thingys, whose name also escapes me at the moment. 

The Stone Taluses aren't too hard, they just take forever and you have to use a lot of arrows unless you can get on top of them easily. In BoTW I would just find a high spot and lob bombs at them but can't do that now. The wizards are easy enough once you snipe them out of the air then just lay into them with a good fast weapon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've only encountered one Lynel on the surface so far, but I've run across several down in the depths. I'm at 19 hearts and got one-shot'd by a white-maned bastard in the Central Depths the other day, so I just run when I see those bastards now -- even if I have to teleport to get away.

I found my first lynel in the depths.  White lynel + armor + gloom = insta death my first try.  So I came back with a talus gloom club and colgera feathered wing and kicked his ass.  Riju's lightning attack doesn't seem to work on them anymore, so Sidon's water shield and dodging is really important for killing them in this game.  

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve done 3 regions but have yet to fight a Gleeok or Lynel.

Apparently the puffshroom is overpowered against lynel and you can beat them pretty easily if you can get the drip on them and stun. Then it’s hits/stun/hits/stun etc

I’m going to try tonight. Love their loot.

In BOTW I beat all the Ganons before ever beating a lynel.

3 hours ago, huge said:

I’ve done 3 regions but have yet to fight a Gleeok or Lynel.

Apparently the puffshroom is overpowered against lynel and you can beat them pretty easily if you can get the drip on them and stun. Then it’s hits/stun/hits/stun etc

I’m going to try tonight. Love their loot.

In BOTW I beat all the Ganons before ever beating a lynel.

I beat the game and haven’t even attempted a Lynel 

5 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

I've done all 4 temples but haven't fought a Lyonel, I haven't even seen a Gleeok, and I haven't done too much in the depths.

Working on side quests and geoglyphs. Trying to get armors upgraded but need more materials.

Not sure how you haven't seen a Gleeok, they're hard to miss even from a distance. 

I've done 3 of the 4 temples and not bothered with any gleeoks or lynels yet. I got pretty good at killing Lynels in Botw but the bomb arrows helped a lot there. I also have barely explored the depths. Gives me anxiety even with flinging luminous flowers everywhere. 

Right now my biggest pet peeve are caves with a bunch of rocked passages that you have to bust up. I go through so many weapons and bomb flowers and often the payoff is jack shit.

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Just finished that last night. Didn't even think about being able to use his ghost moving forward. 

Use his all the time.  Especially effective on the bobokin or whatever with the armor.

• Hook 'Em 1

For lynels you just need a good weapon and to be good at dodging.  I've been farming them to upgrade the barbarian armor and just need two more white lynel horns to finish it off.  For gleeoks, a double spring or rocket shield plus aerocuda eyes is pretty much a must to take it down once it gets to a quarter life and flies high.  Get as high as you can and shoot off a bunch of aerocuda arrows in its direction.  Land three and it should fall and die from the fall.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Water dude's orb acts as a shield that will stop ANY singe attack.  No matter how powerful. That's pretty useful.

Also you can use it to mine and the ore doesn't blast all over the place.  And if you shoot an electric arrow while in the water it blasts a big radius of bad guys.

Oh and if you have zora weapons it doulbes their effectiveness due to the water deal.  Especially effective if you go to the depth and find pristine weapons.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, huge said:

Use his all the time.  Especially effective on the bobokin or whatever with the armor.

Yeah, he was the most helpful for me of the 4.  Mostly for rocks and farming the big zonaite deposits in the depths. 

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

Apparently if you are on a vehicle of some kind the rock guy has no cool down time and you can spam him to take down big enemies quickly.

What I realize now is I need more batteries.  Which means more depth mining.

I need a car to cruise in and blast his ass all over Hyrule

3 hours ago, huge said:

What I realize now is I need more batteries.  Which means more depth mining.

I need a car to cruise in and blast his ass all over Hyrule

There’s an abandoned mine under every mountain. Usually make the rounds and farm them. 20 charges in every yiga hideout in the depth. You can re-fight each temple boss a couple times in the depth for 100 charges. 

• 2 months later...

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.ef7dc66a6cc196a4275afd18ed18e4ea.jpeg

Got some fancy new duds. 

Talk about a fucking time suck. However, it will be worth it in the long run I think.

Picked up the Zora armor as part of getting the Zonite armor. Hell, that took all of 5 minutes and was easy. The Zonite, not so much. 

Never fallen and reloaded the game so much in it’s short life.

Next is mining the depths for more zonite to make crystals and get moar battery power.

May put it back down for a while and hit PGA 2k for a bit.

I can only do the time suck stuff for so long then need a change of scenery. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep I've put off actually beating the game. Lately I've been spending a ton of time in the depths hoarding muddle buds, bombs, and puffshrooms. Then I go back up top and fuck shit up. Once I've exhausted all I can do on all 3 levels, then I'll probably go finish the whole thing. But it's been a pretty fun ride so far. 

Curious if they'll stick to the same map on the next one. There's only so many times I can explore every crevasse of that damn volcano looking for koroks. 

Also the "see where you've already been" map feature is a Godsend. Would take me twice as long to get shit done without it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Zelda guy at Nintendo pretty much confirmed no additional content is coming to this game. It was a complete game and you get what you get 

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

A complete game? Shit, it's more like 7 or 8 complete games at least.

Yeah, originally TotK was supposed to be DLC, but it got to be too big, and Nintendo just said make it another game and put everything in it that you want.

I saw the interview, basically they want to move on to another game.

4 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Good call. 

I’ve done the wind and fire temples, but that’s as far as I’ve gone forward. Probably do sand next on that front. Have the voe heat armor stuff, which is nice. A shame the flame breaker doesn’t work in the desert. 

I've done all 4 temples. I like having the ghost dudes around to help me fight my battles but you do have the best 2 of those already. The water guy is worthless.