Does Austin Short Term Rental Ordinance apply in ETJ?

I have a house that I want to use as a short term rental. It is not in Austin, but is in the ETJ. I can’t for the life of me figure out if the ordinance applies in the ETJ or not. 

Edited by hornian

I don't believe so because the STR ordinance is a zoning ordinance and the ETJ is not within the zoning jurisdiction but rather the planning jurisdiction. ETJ regulations are Title 30 and the STR regulations are Title 25.

Edited by DanRydell
  • Like 2

I don't believe so because the STR ordinance is a zoning ordinance and the ETJ is not within the zoning jurisdiction but rather the planning jurisdiction. ETJ regulations are Title 30 and the STR regulations are Title 25.
Correct. Just make sure you aren't in limited purpose, as zoning can apply there.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:
8 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Correct. Just make sure you aren't in limited purpose, as zoning can apply there.

Thanks to both. We are not in a Limited Purpose, only ETJ (and the 2 Mile ETJ/5 Mile ETJ runs through my lot according to the Travis County GIS maps online). 

Edited by hornian