Bimini

midtown

1 hour ago, midtown said:

Headed to Bimini with my single mom Florida nurse.  Meeting her in FLL and taking the puddle jumper.  4 nights at the Hilton Resort.   Looks like a really chill place.   

Anything cant miss?  

Been a while since I've been there but here's my suggestion

Don't get run over by a golf cart...

Bahama mamas @ Big Game Club

End of the World / Sand Bar

The bones of the old Compleat Angler

Check out the sharks under the docks around dusk

Get out on the water....

Spoiler

2351706055_d0a759449b_b.jpg

Edited by locodos
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

6 hours ago, midtown said:

She's was killing it as a travel nurse but she's stopped for a year or two and working on her NP which will make her more.

There is a cleavage shot on the belize thread from last summer

I built a studio at my place that I rent to travel nurses.  My current tenant is from San Antonio. 

Almost back from Bimini.   Overall this might be my new favorite island vacation despite the cons down below.  I have never seen water that many colors of clear to turquoise to blue any where in the world. 
Wed upon arrival we just chilled by the pools.  Took gummies and chilled.  Sat on the balcony that night after dinner and had some wine and then my special lady friend showed me her appreciation.  Luckily the balconies are very private. 
Thursday we did the resort beach club.  Super nice and maybe 15 people total in a club that can probably hold 300. 
Took a cart out into town and to radio beach and around the island on Friday

Went snorkeling on the Sapona cement boat.  The seas were pretty rough.  I am a very good swimmer.  Swam briefly at UT to give you an idea and I went without a life jacket and the boat guys kind of looked at me.   I definitely had to work.  Everyone else wore jackets.  At least 6 people had to be helped back to the boat with life bouys and one lady spent the ride back hunched over and throwing up.   They called the cruise ship medical officer to come meet us back at the dock. I had to help one lady calm down and stay afloat for a while.  

The hotel was really nice. I am a bit disappointed that I did not get a better room as a Hilton diamond.   I did win about $50 playing blackjack. 
The bad.  The food was sub par.  The wine was limited and 5x normal prices.   But there really are no other dining choices unless you keep a cart and go into town.  
The island feels very safe but we did bump into a few dudes who were over from Florida to fish and got their boat stolen.  Cops caught them but they beached it and ran. 
Then Sunday morning we find out that Silver completely canceled their flight out.  Next one wasn't until Wed.  Apparently they do it all the time.  The ferry filled up so we had to get a few seats on a private charter at $250 each.  Went into Tamiami so we ubered to MIA and rented a car.  WE dropped a fellow passenger at FLL and my lady friend dropped me at a Hampton for my 6am flights since I missed my Sunday night flight.  Shes on her way back to Tallahassee.  I have always said you see someones true colors when the shit hits the fan while traveling.   My girl handled the insanity with smiles and laughter.  Hopefully I can find a way to keep her. 

See my post in flying assholes of shame for a decent story.

PXL_20230506_131147269.jpgPXL_20230504_154714466.jpgPXL_20230505_173812080.jpgPXL_20230506_155516513.jpgPXL_20230506_223821409.jpgPXL_20230505_150842213.jpgPXL_20230505_185718460.jpgPXL_20230507_203704728.MP.jpgPXL_20230507_212034243.jpg

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, locodos said:

Are you flying around US/Bahamas with gummies?  

Nice try narc....

I'll just say that the customs in Bimini was about as lax of a customs check as I've ever seen.   He simply asked if we had anything to declare and that was that.  US was done at Tamiami which was also a one room customs and immigration.  I asked the officer if they had global entry but he didn't seem to like or understand my sarcasm

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Nice try narc....

I'll just say that the customs in Bimini was about as lax of a customs check as I've ever seen.   He simply asked if we had anything to declare and that was that.  US was done at Tamiami which was also a one room customs and immigration.  I asked the officer if they had global entry but he didn't seem to like or understand my sarcasm

Back in the day, coming into Bimini was just a quick stop at the customs dock...  a few times we *might* have been too drunk to stand on ceremony so we just hoisted the Bahamian flag, docked up at Big John's, and went to the bar.   There was a time you could trade chicken pound for pound for lobster and long neck Budweiser was the height of class.  Like you mentioned, everything there (wine) is pricey,  because everything has to come from somewhere else.  Also Ice used to cost more than gas...