Liverpool FC 2023-24: Return of the Mac Allister

Firemans4Horn

Endo and Jones were both solid in midfield; Szobo and Gravenberch were wretched on the ball. Gakpo and Díaz remain completely unconvincing to the point where Jota should be walking into the team when he’s healthy and we need to look for someone to bolster our attack in January. Outside of the West Ham cup aberration, we have just been dreadful in the final third over the last half-dozen or so matches. So often making decisions that make you think it’s the first time they’ve played together and they’re guessing where they should be. Frustrating.

1 minute ago, Bodowned said:

Outside of the West Ham cup aberration, we have just been dreadful in the final third over the last half-dozen or so matches. So often making decisions that make you think it’s the first time they’ve played together and they’re guessing where they should be. Frustrating

I get the same feeling. I think some of Mo’s indecision with the ball is because the guys aren’t going where Bobby and Sadio used to go. The fluidity and second nature isn’t there. 

Glad to see Elliott get a shot, although it does feel like he’s destined to be an impact sub. Gravenberch needs to show me something today; he’s clearly behind Macca and CuJo in the picking order based on form. I feel like he’s had some linear regression in the last month in terms of impact.