Lottery Theft Question (Texas)

Question for the Surly legal types

Loser kid in the small town where I live recently pleaded guilty to lottery ticket theft  he committed while working as a cashier at a convenience store. Pretty regularly I see him buying or exchanging scratch offs at the other convenience store in town (the one he's not banned from). Can he legally be playing the lottery given the offense he was convicted of? Thx

Read way more than I intended to.  There are many rules for Lottery employees and there is a background check for employees of merchants who sell lottery tix.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.466.htm

I could have easily missed something, but it appears to me young man is barred from a store because of his previous behavior/ activity, which is that business' right to do.  I don't think it prevents him from purchasing Lottery tix elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, slorch said:

I could have easily missed something, but it appears to me young man is barred from a store because of his previous behavior/ activity, which is that business' right to do.  I don't think it prevents him from purchasing Lottery tix elsewhere.

Thanks Slorch the business that has banned him yes, of course, that was their prerogative and not related to the state's case against him. Honestly Luke Duke's response is not only funny but probably does answer the question that it's not illegal for him to play. I just figured I would ask. These were the big ones, Powerball tickets, that he stole not just simple scratchoffs.