Battlebots Champions II

Prepuce of Doom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm digging this format as a proving ground for new teams and build types to get tested at heavyweight scale! Shreddit Bro has been a monster at the beetleweight and mid divisions, so it's cool to see a team make the jump up

And WOW I think this was the first time I've ever seen Beta to real damage with its hammer!

I was a bit underwhelmed by the quality of the contestants in the last two weeks.  There were a few actually decent fights, but a lot of boring cripple fights too.  It looks like they saved the best for last though as this Thursday's bracket features a lot of quality bots.  I expect to see some high impact carnage.

Mladnic (SP?) should learn how to drive Cobalt in a training arena, not a Battlebots competition.  Watching him struggle to control the bot was painful and frustrating.  I thought Battlebots was supposed to punish bots for playing the Hydra strategy of just sitting in the middle and turning to maintain a face on their opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

The finale was quite entertaining.  It's a shame that Riperoni performed an epic fail face plant.  We laughed a lot at the end of the Sawblaze v Tantrum fight.  That stoic giant on team Sawblaze cracks us up the way he tries to steal your soul when looking around. The final battle was great too.  I was personally rooting for the bot that lost, but there was no question about the judges' desicion IMO.   

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...