Wichita, Kansas

YoungCounty

Doodah Diner for breakfast. Fizzburger for lunch and Chester’s for a good steak dinner. 
the Wichita Aviation Museum by McConnell AFB is good and the B-29 “Doc” has a hangar out at the airport. OldTown has a number of bars and eating places and the Museum of World Treasures. It’s a wide ranging display of local collectors stuff. Everything from Egyptology to Civil War to fossils and geology. The Delano district west of the river has several good places to eat and drink. The All Indian Center is worth a look and at nightfall they light the torch of “The Keeper Of The Plains” statue at the confluence of the Little Arkansas and Arkansas rivers. That should give you enough places to google and explore. If you have any specific questions, I’ll answer what I can. It’s not a complete wasteland, we get by. 

Edited by Shoxthemonkey
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The Scotch and Sirloin still around? That was the place…back when I spent time there 20 years ago.

Yes, it's still going. Still a pretty good place to eat or so I've been told. I haven't been in there in a couple  years so I can't speak to its quality nowadays.

Not too surprising to see the picture of  the sports bar on a Friday. I'm sure it's a different story on a Saturday and especially so on a Sunday. Folks love their Chiefs around here and those that don't, love their Cowboys.