Fort Worth restaurant guide for us Dummies from Dallas

C-Man

At the risk of alienating our Cowtown brethren with this thread can we get some FW restaurant talk going here in a catch-all format? My wife and I are headed over there Wednesday to meet a friend of hers for lunch. We've done Pacific Table and Maria's the last two times we've been over there to meet her over holidays. (Owner of those places is the client of a buddy of mine in our FW office.) We also hit OG Fred's the last day it was open as well. Reached out to a former FWST colleague who seems to have her finger on the pulse of the culinary scene in FW and she suggested Don Artemio, Walloon's, Cafe Modern or something in Clearfork since it's all decked out for the holidays and has quite a few options.

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

At the risk of alienating our Cowtown brethren with this thread can we get some FW restaurant talk going here in a catch-all format? My wife and I are headed over there Wednesday to meet a friend of hers for lunch. We've done Pacific Table and Maria's the last two times we've been over there to meet her over holidays. (Owner of those places is the client of a buddy of mine in our FW office.) We also hit OG Fred's the last day it was open as well. Reached out to a former FWST colleague who seems to have her finger on the pulse of the culinary scene in FW and she suggested Don Artemio, Walloon's, Cafe Modern or something in Clearfork since it's all decked out for the holidays and has quite a few options.

Panther City BBQ would be a nice change of pace based on the places you mentioned.  They open at 11 on Wednesday you should beat the lunch crowd if you are there by 11:30.

4 hours ago, pch said:

Panther City BBQ would be a nice change of pace based on the places you mentioned.  They open at 11 on Wednesday you should beat the lunch crowd if you are there by 11:30.

13 minutes ago, dmtx said:

Check out the menu for Quince. the place is great

If you do go to Panther City - ribs and the pork belly popper is required

As much as I'd love to hit Panther City, that isn't exactly what my wife and her friend are looking for and I'm kind of along for the ride on this one from a company standpoint. I'd love some brisket elotes, though. Mrs C-Man asked me to try and find a place.

• 1 month later...

Looking for a good non-steakhouse restaurant for next Wednesday night.  Thurs-Sat are all going to be beef heavy (Bob's, Reata and Texas de Brazil already booked) so I'd like something different for Wednesday.  Any good sushi in Ft Worth, or good Italian, or seafood?

Staying at the Kimpton Harper.

17 hours ago, bluto said:

Waters seafood is very good

pacific table is solid

Hatsuyuki sushi is best in FW but difficult if more than a couple ppl

Looks like no reservations for Hatsuyuki, right?  There will be 3 of us on a Wednesday night.  Should we be able to get in?  Is there someplace to sit and drink while we wait for a table?

3 on a wed should be ok but I have had to wait 30 min for two on a wed (think we were just crazy unlucky though). No where in restaurant to drink, like no bar setup, but there’s a million bars within a block and the host stand will call you with notice of your ‘table’

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2024 at 10:40 PM, bluto said:

3 on a wed should be ok but I have had to wait 30 min for two on a wed (think we were just crazy unlucky though). No where in restaurant to drink, like no bar setup, but there’s a million bars within a block and the host stand will call you with notice of your ‘table’

That sounds perfect.  That's what we'll do.

When you walk in there’s a chalk board at the back of the restaurant with specials, it’s really the menu as the paper menu is very limited. Snap a pic on your phone and do some pregame googling on anything exotic. It’s all pretty good to great, wife throws down on their truffle Sauced salmon. For dessert there’s a bells and whistles late night donut shop right next door too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/5/2024 at 10:23 PM, bluto said:

When you walk in there’s a chalk board at the back of the restaurant with specials, it’s really the menu as the paper menu is very limited. Snap a pic on your phone and do some pregame googling on anything exotic. It’s all pretty good to great, wife throws down on their truffle Sauced salmon. For dessert there’s a bells and whistles late night donut shop right next door too. 

Holy shit, man.  Hatsuyuki was fantastic. We did the omakase and everything was finominole. Thanks for the rec!