Helldivers 2

vtaenz

I just picked this up after watching a few vids. Seems like they had bad server issues initially but that's been figured out.

It has real Starship Troopers vibes to it and it would be amazing if they somehow were able to drop a total conversion or DLC, that would be amazing.

Anyway, here's a video of two missions from Neebs gaming.

• Hook 'Em 1

100% you pretty much need to party up or join a random team. Most missions are really hard at low levels trying to solo them.

It's a lot of fun if you get into a somewhat competent group.

Some of the movement feels wonky and I wish I had a 1st person view.

It does feel like a pretty good gameplay loop and it's a lot of fun.

Real Helldivers fight Robots.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:30 AM, vtaenz said:

Some of the movement feels wonky and I wish I had a 1st person view.

You can aim in first person by clicking right thumbstick on ps5.

I've enjoyed the hell out of this. Been icing balls for the last 3 days (vasectomy) and grinding up to rank 26. I befriended a few randoms and it makes huge difference just having a squad that communicates.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing a lot on Steam, and doing up to level 7 content with ease.  I bought the arc warbond set with super credits I earned in game, and the first gun in that set, the LAS16, is phenomenal. Totally changes the game, adding EATs to it and a personal shield generator is the way to go for long survival missions. Playing stealthy with Light armor with reduced detection is a lot of fun, feels somewhat like old Metal Gear games on PS1/2.