1 day in Mykonos

We stopped there on a cruise last September. Gorgeous. I liked it better then Santorini, although the views are better in Santorini. We just wandered through the alleyways, stopped in shops, visited churches and the windmills. Grabbed a bite to eat in a taverna. There will be lots of tourists, so just know that going in, but it does make for great people watching. I'm sure there's a lot more to the town away from the coast, but we just stayed by the water. There are beaches if you want to swim. We spent some time just sitting by the gorgeous water. Supposedly there's a vibrant night life if you're there at night, but if your schedule is like ours was, you'll sail before then. I'd go back and stay a couple of days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

What kinda thing are you in to? Day Club? Just lunch? Touristy stuff? Wind surfing?

Probably a day club or a nice beach since there’s not much in the way of beach stuff on the other stops. We could either do a day club with chairs and umbrellas or could grab a taxi and head off to a beach worth visiting.

15 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Probably a day club or a nice beach since there’s not much in the way of beach stuff on the other stops. We could either do a day club with chairs and umbrellas or could grab a taxi and head off to a beach worth visiting.

Public transportation is gonna be your issue. We did Kalua Beach Day Club. Its got a mixture of day beds/cabanas further away from the water and near the bar, and chairs/umbrellas that run right up to the waters edge. There's a nice rock to swim out to when its time to cool off. 

...and also a gold AK47 you can shoot champagne out of, if you were wondering

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...