Educate Me On Nashville

Vic Mackey

Taking a trip there this summer with the woman I am dating. More than likely next month before Labor Day weekend. She is a huge country music fan so she wants to visit. Any recommendations on food and establishments to have some drinks, live entertainment? 

We go there about 4x/year (the firm I work for is based there).

Food:

Steak:  Kanye Prime.  Really great steakhouse, with amazing sides (think cream corn brûlée, risotto tater tots, etc).  

Upscale Spouthern:  Husk, 5th & Taylor — both excellent

Hot Chicken:  Hattie B’s.  Get the bone-in chicken, not the tenders.  “Hot” is great for me — burn but not unpleasant.

Eclectic — Lockeland Table — some southern dishes, some pasta/pizza, some steaks.  All very good. ETC Restaurant is also a good place

Breakfast:  Biscuit LOve (just get there early, like before 8, and avoid the rush).  Awesome place.  Milk & Honey is also very good for breakfast

Music:

It’s everywhere.  Just walk down Broadway, listen as you walk past the bars and go in one (or three) where the band sounds good.  The well-known spots (like Tootsie’s).  Broadway gets packed at night;  check it out in the afternoon and go elsewhere at night.

• Like 1