Arsenal FC 2024-25: Back Where We Belong

IMG_5685.thumb.jpeg.b49da0ba904cbbb01ecf0d451de59ebb.jpeg

not a lot that needs to be said. back in pot 2 in the uefa champions league, two points away from winning the league title, and still fielding one of the youngest yet most cohesive teams in europe. there are no more questions about expectations- they are high, which is where they will stay going forward. now lets sell some of our deadwood, bring in some more first tier players in the midfield and up top, and let’s get right back after it. COYG! 🔴

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Like the thread title Derka Shadow Operative def not derka. Past two have been appropriate.  This one, too  

We were five back in 23, two back last year. Another 3-point improvement gets us the 🏆

LFG, YOU GUNNERS. Lets. Fucking. Go. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Haven't watched much (any) Bundesliga, so 

Devin Booker Shaq GIF

A 6' 5" forward, has ball skils, and the dude is still only 20 so plenty of room for "Arteta to coach em up."  Could be a very nice fit in the side. Oh, and there won't be the "England tax" or "current EPL player" tax.  

Sign em up, Edu.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

So Foden and Kane started. Saka comes on for the final 20’ of a 1-nil friendly loss. And how do the English press cover such a match?

IMG_5151.jpeg

Edited by Dutch
  • Rage+1 1

Needs to be more than Uncle Ian calling out this shit.

“Now more than ever let's get behind & support these young people. We can all see what's happening & who's being set up to be the face of defeat. We are going to be gas lit with explanations & justifications, but those deciding who goes on the back pages know what they’re doing. Let's keep our energy focused on giving these players pure love & support throughout the tournament.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Wonder if these are all things Deschamps still doesn’t like. 

100% Aerial duels won, 95% successful passes, 98 touches, 8 duels won, 3 balls won, 2 successful tackles, 1 interception. 

Edited by Dutch

13 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

For $20m, I'd rather keep him around.    Also today is TP's birthday, he is 31 now (didn't realize he was that old).

i want him to stay as well. if he’s healthy he’s an automatic starter and a game changer. 

raya

white • saliba • gabriel • timber 

partey • odegaard • rice

saka • new signing

havertz

that line up right there can win the league. i’d rather keep partey at that price than try and replace him. that said, with havertz playing so brilliantly at the 9, i would love to skip signing a striker altogether and bring in a new winger and a replacement/competition for partey if we could.

Edited by definitely not derka

19 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

For $20m, I'd rather keep him around.    Also today is TP's birthday, he is 31 now (didn't realize he was that old).

6 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

i want him to stay as well. if he’s healthy he’s an automatic starter and a game changer. 

raya

white • saliba • gabriel • timber 

partey • odegaard • rice

saka • new signing

havertz

that line up right there can win the league. i’d rather keep partey at that price than try and replace him. that said, with havertz playing so brilliantly at the 9, i would love to skip signing a striker altogether and bring in a new winger and a replacement/competition for partey if we could.

At his best (first half of 22-23), Partey is still one of the best No 6 in the world; his skillset is unique. Problem is, we cannot AT ALL rely on him to remain healthy.  If we can get 20-25m, I say we take it and use the funds to get a replacement. 

Saka plays infront of Benny Blanco and Ode, and that stability no doubt helps his production.  He knows what they're going to do and vice versa. Part of Martinelli's drop in form last year is the the revolving door of LBs and left 8s playing behind him.  In 22-23, he played infront of Zinny and Xhaka damn near every match, and had his best year. Last year? No so much.  Get stability in those positions, and he'll return to form.  Crazy to think he's only 22; his best days are ahead of him.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1