Foundation Repair Warranty - how does this work?

When we purchased our house last summer, the lifetime warranty of the foundation repair company transferred with it.

The warranty states, "If any adjustments to the Contractor's piers or pilings are required during the life cycle of your home due to settling of Contractor's piers or pilings, Contractor will re-adjust at no cost ...."

So, being new to this, I'm wondering how this works.  What's to keep the contractor from showing up and stating the the piers are fine and that the issue has nothing to do with their warranty?  FWIW, the piers were installed about 5 years ago.  I'd assume that ANY issue with the foundation would fall under the warranty, but I'm pretty sure it's never that easy.  Just looking for advice before calling the company.  Thanks in advance.

Right.  I guess I was just looking for knowledge ahead of time as I know absolutely nothing about the subject.  

Let me ask this.  Would it be out of the ordinary for the company to not accept responsibility?  I mean, guy shows up and says, "Our piers are right where we put them.  You're problem is x, y, or z".