MacBook Pro Help...

Guest Lobo

Two things just suddenly changed out of the blue earlier today on this MacBook Pro.  Smaller thing, easier to fix I'd think, is the batter icon up top that displays batter levels.  It's just gone.  It's not anywhere in any folders or in any apps.  It's just gone.  How do I get that back so I know how much batter power is left?

Second is more messed up.  Fan is running constantly but laptop isn't hot.  Boots up in some generic Apple wallpaper screen, then blacks out, and finished rebooting in the black screen mode for last 30 seconds or so.  No updates are taking place, it's just doing a longer than usual reboot in two different screens that aren't my usual home screen.  All the while the fan is running non-stop whenever the computer is on.  

Whuh happen'd?  

One slight update.  My computer is not recognizing the battery.  Both the internal system preference/energy saver deal and the battery health app I downloaded, both are saying there's no battery installed in this computer but it still worked for a couple of hours on no power supply.  Could that also be related to my fan constantly running?  I'd really like to avoid an hours-long trip to the "genius" bar.