Georgia Southern @ Clemson

Disco Missile

Just a heads up, many times the team that is almost guaranteed to win, they use the first half to work on stuff they are installing in the offense, so sometimes it does not look too smooth. Later in the game, they just go back to their bread and butter plays and walk over them. FWIW, I do not think Clemson is all they are being touted as, neither do I think Bama is all powerful yet. Each team has some major holes that may be closed up by the end of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bamachine said:

Just a heads up, many times the team that is almost guaranteed to win, they use the first half to work on stuff they are installing in the offense, so sometimes it does not look too smooth. Later in the game, they just go back to their bread and butter plays and walk over them. FWIW, I do not think Clemson is all they are being touted as, neither do I think Bama is all powerful yet. Each team has some major holes that may be closed up by the end of the season.

Yeah that's a solid assessment. But If GSU's offense had posed any kind of threat the first half would've been interesting. 
That 1st and goal by Clemson on their first TD drive - they couldn't knock GSU off the ball.

7 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Yeah that's a solid assessment. But If GSU's offense had posed any kind of threat the first half would've been interesting. 
That 1st and goal by Clemson on their first TD drive - they couldn't knock GSU off the ball.

Dunno for sure, not where I can watch any of the games. I just know that in the past, some Bama fans would start playing Chicken Little, when Bama was not beating one of these teams by 4 scores in the first quarter. If they actually paid any attention, the plays looked entirely different from what they used in the games prior. It was a time to try new plays(not their core plays) out against an actual opponent. Of course they might look bad, as they had very little practice with those. The coaches would then study that part of the film to see what had potential and what would take too long to develop.