Nebraska: Honestly, it's not for everyone.

bolverk

3 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Is that area for wayward teens?

The Driftless Area is the size of West Virginia and did not glaciate in the ice age leaving a bunch of limestone spring fed creeks unchanged for eons in SE MN, SW WI, NE IA, and NW IL.  It is a very very underrated trout fishing area.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

53 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

The Driftless Area is the size of West Virginia and did not glaciate in the ice age leaving a bunch of limestone spring fed creeks unchanged for eons in SE MN, SW WI, NE IA, and NW IL.  It is a very very underrated trout fishing area.

I didn’t realize that was what that area was called. My old next door neighbor did a fishing show from streams in that area of Minnesota once. Brook trout, if I’m not mistaken. 

19 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Mid-North Michigan and UP is also a pretty big fishing area. UP is easy to forget but is right in the area you listed above.

I've said it before but UP and North/Central Michigan and the rest of the area you listed is highly underrated for it's beauty. The folks there like it that way.

The winters are what have kept those areas from being overrun.