Tigers @ Ponies

ztejas

14 minutes ago, Fooball said:

The guy fucking your mom.

I think she was the DC at SMU.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You aren't fucking my mom because I talk to her about who each of us is dating. 

Secondly - nice tapatalk signature. You sound like a 12 year old desperate for attention.

More likely though - you're a sock taking out personal anger on me. 

You aren't fucking my mom because I talk to her about who each of us is dating. 

Secondly - nice tapatalk signature. You sound like a 12 year old desperate for attention.

More likely though - you're a sock taking out personal anger on me. 

I didn't say I was dating her.

And since we're talking about 12 year old behavior, I also didn't call anyone an idiot.

Sent from your mom's bedroom using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

yea he could go down in flames for sure, but I hope not and he is recruiting well the "Dykes" name and the connections still sell apparently
and it is odd that Morris is recruiting really well at Arkansas even with the shitty season
I thought Dykes might leave pretty quick, but I don't think he is in line for the Tech job no matter what happens with Bro simply because of the "Reagor Dykes" situation and while I realize Sonny has nothing to do with that Tech cannot afford the "appearance" of that right now and I think Tech can afford to get a coach that has proven more than Sonny has (right now Sonny has something to prove if he was lights out this year at SMU it would be different, but I think he needs a few years to prove himself now)
plus I think Tech will probably make a worse hire than Dykes sadly probably someone with even less proven credentials like Littrell (provided Bro is let go this year or next)
I agree that there is no way Tech comes calling if Coach Bro is fired this year. If they hang onto Bro one more year and Sonny gets the 9 wins you referenced (which I think definitely is possible), I think Tech could make a run at him.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny might want to skip Lubbock with all the Spike comparisons, the Reagor thing, and a fan base that thinks they should conference champions each year despite being a middling B12 team in terms of committment, reputation and resources. Sonny just spent a year with Patterson before taking the SMU gig. Building a program while out of the limelight, like Patterson did pre-B12, might be appealing.

4 hours ago, Fooball said:

I agree that there is no way Tech comes calling if Coach Bro is fired this year. If they hang onto Bro one more year and Sonny gets the 9 wins you referenced (which I think definitely is possible), I think Tech could make a run at him.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny might want to skip Lubbock with all the Spike comparisons, the Reagor thing, and a fan base that thinks they should conference champions each year despite being a middling B12 team in terms of committment, reputation and resources. Sonny just spent a year with Patterson before taking the SMU gig. Building a program while out of the limelight, like Patterson did pre-B12, might be appealing.

I agree I think there is a strong chance even if Bro stays this year and then is let go next year that Sonny might well take a "pass" on Tech even if offered the job and for all the reasons you stated

SMU pays decent and can afford to pay even better for a coach that wins and SMU has proven to be a place where you can get a good job offer even if you just do OK.....it is not like Morris lit the place up he simply had winning seasons and hell even June Jones had job offers after SMU and he built the program back from a long dumpster fire, but he also lit the fucker right back on fire on the way out

Sonny would be giving up very little opportunity to stay there 3 or 4 years (or more if winning) and to wait for the right job and there is a lot of baggage in Lubbock for him