Tigers @ Ponies

ztejas

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Holy shit 5-5 gets you 2nd in your conference?  

When all else fails, lower your standards.  Hell, I'm in.  Go Ponies.

Our OOC was brutal. We're 4-2 in the shitty division of the AAC. Control our own destiny.

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sitting across 2 Gooner douchebags right now. They are bleeding self confidence and arrogance. Seem to not be worried about WVU at all and wanting ND to lose to make the playoff.

Someone give me a good line to humble them and I'll say it.

48-45. OU sucks. 

51 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

1. That was catch interference
2. It hit the Memphis players helmet first
3. Terrible officiating

I loved how one ref threw a flag for kick catch interference, then they got together and decided he was wrong, then the replay finally told them that it did hit the guy's helmet... AND THEY DIDN"T MARK OFF A PENALTY FOR KICK CATCH INTERFERENCE.

What a bunch of morons.  

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sitting across 2 Gooner douchebags right now. They are bleeding self confidence and arrogance. Seem to not be worried about WVU at all and wanting ND to lose to make the playoff.

Someone give me a good line to humble them and I'll say it.

Excuse me, sirs, but your pussies seem a little tight and I'm concerned that they won't fully take the loss.

I think this was a series that SMU might have needed to start to come back in this game and perhaps execute consistently

came off a big turnover where Memphis had fucked up a drive after a turnover

some failed trick plays, but still picked up first downs and a really nice TD pass to end it

if the SMU D can make a stand here Memphis might be in trouble

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's my alma mater too, you stupid asshole. 

Calling them hot stinky garbage tonight is not unsubstantiated shit.  Did you just see that kickoff return?

Yeah. We aren't good. Neither is most of the American. Not sure why you would call a fellow Mustang a stupid asshole but okay. 

I'm full of optimism and hope. Probably wrong but might as well go for it.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yeah. We aren't good. Neither is most of the American. Not sure why you would call a fellow Mustang a stupid asshole but okay. 

I'm full of optimism and hope. Probably wrong but might as well go for it.

I think SMU has shown some improvement during the season, but there is some work to do

I think there is a pretty good chance that SMU can be a better team next year somewhere around 9 wins

I realize there are a lot of questions about Dykes, but I think if he simply could not coach at all the team would have quit on him by now especially with the bowl game last year, the start this year and the mess they were in after Morris left......I don't think that Morris left SMU with a cohesive team that was built for the long term I think he built a team that was geared to get Morris a better job and to GTFO

I think SMU has shown some improvement during the season, but there is some work to do
I think there is a pretty good chance that SMU can be a better team next year somewhere around 9 wins
I realize there are a lot of questions about Dykes, but I think if he simply could not coach at all the team would have quit on him by now especially with the bowl game last year, the start this year and the mess they were in after Morris left......I don't think that Morris left SMU with a cohesive team that was built for the long term I think he built a team that was geared to get Morris a better job and to GTFO

Totally agree. He has inherited a weak-ass QB roster and is making the best of it.

Morris was supposed to be the master recruiter, but Dykes already has a better class lined up than anything Chad ever signed. Sonny just might be the guy to build a consistent program here. He also may be the type to stick around awhile (rather than bolt for the first
P5 job opening) after his experience at Cal.

But he could also go down in flames like the many SMU coaches before him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Fooball said:

Totally agree. He has inherited a weak-ass QB roster and is making the best of it.

Morris was supposed to be the master recruiter, but Dykes already has a better class lined up than anything Chad ever signed. Sonny just might be the guy to build a consistent program here. He also may be the type to stick around awhile (rather than bolt for the first
P5 job opening) after his experience at Cal.

But he could also go down in flames like the many SMU coaches before him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

yea he could go down in flames for sure, but I hope not and he is recruiting well the "Dykes" name and the connections still sell apparently

and it is odd that Morris is recruiting really well at Arkansas even with the shitty season

I thought Dykes might leave pretty quick, but I don't think he is in line for the Tech job no matter what happens with Bro simply because of the "Reagor Dykes" situation and while I realize Sonny has nothing to do with that Tech cannot afford the "appearance" of that right now and I think Tech can afford to get a coach that has proven more than Sonny has (right now Sonny has something to prove if he was lights out this year at SMU it would be different, but I think he needs a few years to prove himself now)

plus I think Tech will probably make a worse hire than Dykes sadly probably someone with even less proven credentials like Littrell (provided Bro is let go this year or next)

29 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea he could go down in flames for sure, but I hope not and he is recruiting well the "Dykes" name and the connections still sell apparently

and it is odd that Morris is recruiting really well at Arkansas even with the shitty season

I thought Dykes might leave pretty quick, but I don't think he is in line for the Tech job no matter what happens with Bro simply because of the "Reagor Dykes" situation and while I realize Sonny has nothing to do with that Tech cannot afford the "appearance" of that right now and I think Tech can afford to get a coach that has proven more than Sonny has (right now Sonny has something to prove if he was lights out this year at SMU it would be different, but I think he needs a few years to prove himself now)

plus I think Tech will probably make a worse hire than Dykes sadly probably someone with even less proven credentials like Littrell (provided Bro is let go this year or next)

It's such a strange situation. I still don't understand why Chad left us for fucking Arkansas of all places. 

I think Dykes is fine but keep in mind he's playing with CM players. 

Hicks needs to go. He has flashes but he's a fucking loser. No one on campus likes that kid. Lacrosse transfer douche that doesn't fit with the fraternity he chose to associate with. 

Wev. It's SMU. Expectations aren't high and we'll take what we can get.