Cincinnati @ Central Florida, ABC

WhatTheBuck

It'll be interesting to hear how ESPN/commentators deal with the fact that UCF looks really, really good.  It is against their business interests for UCF to be good, so I expect them to post a lot of graphs and charts devaluing UCF's season.  

But it's also their prime time game, so...pissing all over UCF would look pretty weird.

If it stays like this, second half commentary will be interesting.

Edited by Monster

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Tough run for a first down by Warren, Herbie and Fowler give only begrudging respect. 

I'm really surprised they gave them this prime time slot.  Maybe they are checking to see how many people will actually watch UCF?

If they get good numbers, maybe UCF gets a little more consideration.   Of course they have to win the game...

Texas vs Iowa St might've been in the prime time ABC slot if not for the uh...thing.

I'd be highly entertained if this game pulled a huge viewership and the longhorn network accidentally proved UCF is a big enough tv draw to get them into a playoff.   I don't honestly think any of that will happen, but the potential for it pleases me.

1 minute ago, Monster said:

I'm really surprised they gave them this prime time slot.  Maybe they are checking to see how many people will actually watch UCF?

If they get good numbers, maybe UCF gets a little more consideration.   Of course they have to win the game...

They’ll be fine. They know how to go undefeated and win conference championships. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Remember that call because you probably won't hear Fowler say that it wasn't targeting because the ball carrier lowered his head into the line of fire again anytime soon. 

Yeah, was wondering how they'd rule that.  Defensive guy definitely lowed his head, but so did the runner.