Todd Orlando should love the Georgia Matchup

sushihorn

Lest any mouthbreathing SECSEC bigots think this conference plays bad defense, let's look at what happens to the rare Big XII team that falters on offense and displays an SEC-level passing game.  This years exhibit would be TCU.  59.4% completion, 7 YPA, 18 TDs and 11 INTs would be decent in most conferences.  But even with an elusive running QB and a 4.8 YPC RC that's not nearly good enough in the Big XII.

The Frogs scored less than 20 points in 6 of their 9 conference games.  That's because in this conference, an average passing game is considered a one-dimensional offense and defenses feast on it.  Every Big XII DC knew that TCU's conversion rate was not good enough to drive the length of the field with any consistency.  They played field position and completely stymied the Frog's ability to score points.  Basically TCU scored a lot like an SEC offense while playing in the Big XII and they ended up with a losing record despite an excellent defense.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 9:01 AM, wood said:

Same here. It really rubs me the wrong way when I hear Texas being included as part of 'The South'. Fuck that shit. I was born in the south and spent the first 12 years of my life there. Texas is not the south. Well, maybe far east Texas & College Station, but not the good parts.

Texas has a far stronger identity than any other state.  Fought its own war for independence.  Functioned as a sovereign nation for years and filled with historic people, events and institutions.  The only state that even comes close is Hawaii.  And their identity is more a function of geographic isolation and ethnic factors than creating a separate culture, identity and history.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Texas has a far stronger identity than any other state.  Fought its own war for independence.  Functioned as a sovereign nation for years and filled with historic people, events and institutions.  The only state that even comes close is Hawaii.  And their identity is more a function of geographic isolation and ethnic factors than creating a separate culture, identity and history.

Yep. I was born there and lived the first 12 years of my life there ... So I'm from the South, but the South isn't my 'home'.

Home is Texas.