Old School

Modessit

And no, I'm not talking about NES or even Atari 2600. I'm talking actual arcade games that you dropped a quarter in, even if they are somewhat new.

So - who's got them and what do you have? 

As some might guess, my previous work as an arcade tech meant I was able to get games cheap and fix them myself. 

Here's my current list:

In the Gameroom

Q*Bert

Hydro Thunder 

Elevator Action

Joust cocktail

Horizontal JAMMA cab (I have a lot of spare game pcbs that I can swap in to play) 

In the garage to be worked on

Tempest

Stripped PGA Tour cab that might become something else

Asteroids Deluxe

Projects in Storage

Battlezone

Asteroids

Donkey Kong Jr

Space Invaders mini (works)

Peter Packrat

Cherry Master 8-liner (works)

Heads Up Championship Poker

Empty Golden Tee cab

CD Jukebox

Might be forgetting something.

Edited by Modessit

You ever work on a PlayChoice 10?  I've got one in my garage that needs some work, but I don't know where to begin.  It could use some fresh decals for starters, and at least one of the joysticks is pretty worn out.  It still works, it's just pretty beat up.  Bought it from a bar owner about 15 years ago and was planning to fix it up with a buddy, but he sold off all the decals and extra parts he had (He collected arcade machines too). 

Any idea where to get decently priced parts and/or decals?  

@ulukinatme

I used to have a Playchoice 10 countertop years ago. The cards aren't hard to get except for a couple titles. Most game issues come down to bad monitors, bad power supplies, or wear and tear of controls. 

Lots off places to get artwork. Try www.gameongrafix.com first.

Edited by Modessit

On 3/30/2018 at 2:50 AM, Modessit said:
On 3/30/2018 at 2:41 AM, BoomMF said:
I have a Mortal Kombat upright in the living room.

First one? See 2 and 3 a lot. Used to be a good market for the first one because you could never find it.

First one.  I picked it up when I was in college because I spent so much time on it when I was in middle school and there wasn't a faithful recreation of MK1 available on home consoles (still isn't).  MK2 and on have versions readily available that rock, MK1 not so much.  I even picked up an extra MK1 jamma in case mine ever goes down.  Took a while to find that extra because all I could find for reasonable money were late BIOS versions, which fixed a lot of stuff I didn't want fixed like multiple fatalities and such.