Australia - Blue Mountains NP in particular

gecko

This is a quick side trip (1.5 days) as we transit Sydney on our way home to Houston (15 hr nonstop hola!).  The plan is for some simple day hikes, avoiding dangerous reptiles/spiders, and general picture taking.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Don't know if this is too late.  I took the train from Sydney to Katoomba.  You can take a train from the airport to the central rail station, and then catch the train to Blue Mountains.

I stayed in Katoomba at the Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel because as I was by myself and figured I'd socialize.  It was nothing fancy, but the location was perfect.  I walked directly into the park the next day, and the Three Sisters is pretty much the first thing you see.  I hiked all throughout the park and into Leura, and then actually played 9 holes at Leura Golf Club.  Brings back fond memories of a fantastic day.

Went to an Irish pub with live music one of the nights.  Harp and Fiddle I believe.  Good times.

That's all I've got as I think my meals were pretty plain.  If you get out there early enough, you can certainly have a full day of hiking and still get back to Sydney in time for dinner.